Development and Production Intern
Dover Street Market Paris (DSMP) is looking for a new Development and Production intern to join the Brand Development team starting end of October 2021. DSMP Brand Development is an entity created in 2019 to nurture and develop creative talent and young designers. The current brands under this umbrella are ERL, Honey Fucking Dijon, Liberal Youth Ministry, Phileo, Rassvet, Sky High Farm, Vaquera, Weinsanto and Youths in Balaclava.
The intern will assist the different members of the Development and Production department for the development of several categories of products to be presented during our next January and March FW22 showrooms. The intern will also assist for the production and delivery logistics of the SS22 collections.
Please note that this is not a design/studio internship. The intern will be based in our office in Paris.
The duration of the internship is 6 months and tasks include:
- Support the preparation of tech packs of several categories of products (fabrics, trims, shipment and tracking) in direct relation with our suppliers.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and tools used by the team (fabric table, linesheets, supplier repertoire, production and delivery planning, etc.).
- Assist in sample tracking and trafficking.
- Participate in normalization comments and PPS control. Check production conformity.
- Prepare the production orders for fabrics/labelling/packaging.
- Coordinate and work hand-in-hand with other departments (Commercial and Press)
- Work on ERP (Colombus).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Based in Paris (mandatory).
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- First experience in Product Development and/or Production for a fashion company welcome.
- Fluent in English and French - All other languages are a plus.
- At ease with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Adobe CS, especially Illustrator.
- Very organized and able to prioritize and work to deadlines.
- Independent, confident, pro-active, and solution-oriented.
- Excellent attention to detail, always looking for quality improvement.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written and verbal.
- Dynamic, team-player and interested in working in a multi-cultural, international environment within the fashion industry.
- Interested in the world of Comme des Garçons & Dover Street Market.