Product Development Coordinator - Carolina Herrera New York (Fashion)
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Product Development Manager or the VP of Product Development as necessary.
The Product Development Coordinator will be responsible or launching and managing all domestic product development both within the in-house atelier as well as domestic factories. These responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the design team and Product Development Manager to launch product using domestic factories from initial sketch, prototype to final sample
- Coordinate Purchase Orders, technical packages and cut tickets for domestic factories
- Oversee VIP/Made to Order developments with domestic factories
- Function as liaison between the design/PD department and in-house atelier
- Establish fabric swatch reference guide for all pattern makers; update pattern maker boards with sketches and fabric swatches, pass allocated sketches to atelier
- Adhere to product development calendar across all product categories; ensure timely delivery of all samples for look book shoot and for PR and Sales opportunities
- Together with PD manager prepare fabrics and trims for all out of house product development, both domestic and international
- Coordinate with Studio Manager to maintain style master and line sheets
- Partner with production to provide technical information, including cut ticket accuracy and hand-off.
- Together with PD manager organize the launch of Sales and PR duplication requests
- Organize & set up of all design fittings (domestic, international, VIP)
- Work closely with the Studio Manager to learn operating and accounting systems
- Oversee and lead the “collection management” during collection launches
- Minimum of at least 2-3 years of experience with a fashion brand/business
- Computer literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline with evident interest in fashion
- Knowledge of fabrics, garment construction and the overall design process
- Budget conscious and a good and deep understanding of garment costs, fabric costs, shipments, etc. – to allow for educated and informed decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, good at prioritization
- Hard-working, resilient, and flexible
- Problem solving, and solution orientated with a ‘Can-do’ attitude
- A strong team player who is considerate of colleagues and maintains the highest standards and level of service
- Ability to be discrete, confidential, and reliable at all times
- Ideals and Principles: Continually strives for excellence in everything they do. Is willing and able to align own priorities with those of the organization. Can be trusted to act with integrity, honesty, and respect. Behaves in a way which is consistent with the culture, values and vision of Puig and Carolina Herrera.
- Foster Curiosity: Has a thirst for knowledge. Is always interested to learn about latest trends that could help improve the business. Is a natural learner who is always looking for new knowledge and experience. Is eager to understand the wider context in order to grow. Is intellectually curious, committed to finding ways to improve themselves, and actively seeks feedback.
- Embrace Change: Reacts positively to change. Supports change initiatives, can see when change is required, and initiates it when needed. Sees change through themselves. Is flexible and open-minded and adapts well to new tasks or circumstances.
- Drive for Results: Motivated and passionate about working and achieving excellent results. Constantly delivers on commitments, even in the face of difficulties, and is optimistic and tenacious throughout. Takes end-to-end responsibility, and continually looks for ways and means to improve performance
- Connect, Share, and Cooperate: Builds appropriate, constructive, and effective relationships with colleagues. Shares information readily and proactively. Supports initiatives outside their immediate area if able. Doesn’t allow personal objectives to take priority over the team’s best interests. Gains trust of colleagues and is well positioned to offer support and assistance when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V