Senior FP&A Analyst
Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We’re a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We’re building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
The Senior FP&A Analyst is an exciting, newly created role following the recent Etsy acquisition of Depop. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head of FP&A in building and leading the function across reporting, KPI analysis, process improvement, budgeting/forecasting and strategic planning support.
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this person will gain great exposure to high level stakeholders within the business and will be trusted to support their continued growth.
You’ll love using your highly developed commercial acuity, with the ability to drive strategic execution and one of your key skills will be your ability to identify and synthesise complex information to create insights and formulate recommendations to key members of the business.
What you will be doing
- Act as a key point of contact for stakeholders across our key business areas
- Provide analysis and assessment of performance against the agreed budget and monthly plans, identifying trends and making recommendations for improvements.
- Deep dive into key investment areas to identify contribution and performance compared to plan and other benchmarks.
- Partner with the business to perform investment appraisal to support long- and short-term investment decisions and support with post-investment appraisals to track performance of post-investment results versus original business case
- Partner with the business to provide analysis, financial modelling and forecasts in line with new commercial and growth opportunities.
- Establish weekly and monthly monitoring controls and a cross-functional resolution process where needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that monthly rolling forecasts reflect the latest outlook, reviewing and challenging assumptions and ensuring any known risks and opportunities are understood and communicated.
- Contribute towards the medium term planning, annual budgeting and consolidated forecasting processes for the whole business”.
- Support the FP&A team by embedding wider budget discipline and process efficiency across the business.
- Lean and improve process efficiency for monthly and quarterly KPI performance monitoring as well as for forecasting purposes.
- Identifying and driving cost or margin improvement opportunities
- Ideally 5 years experience in a similar role within a high growth, eCommerce or SAAS environment
- Experience in similar business partnering roles, responsible for financial planning and analysis.
- Proficient in Excel - able to manipulate large datasets and use complex formulas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with previous exposure working with senior business stakeholders. Proven ability to influence decision making and drive change.
- Very strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team. Natural curiosity for improving things and proactively taking initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure and on tight deadlines, whilst able to prioritise across multiple tasks.
- Insight-driven communication skills and ability to present financial concepts to non-financial managers.
- Thrive in fast paced, always changing environments.
- Experience with Looker and Workday