Print & Textile Design Studio Intern
We are looking for a talented and dynamic individual who is as passionate about our business as we are. We have an exciting opportunity to intern in our Print Studio, working within an integral part of our company. The primary focus of this 6 month internship is to work closely with the Men’s and Women’s Paul Smith Japan Collection and PS by Paul Smith Print Design teams. To assist with research, print repeats, design and development of the above collections, and carry out general studio and administration duties as and when required. This is a paid, part time position, working 25 hours per week, across 4 days. The internship will run from January - June 2022.
• Working with all members of the Print Design studio on a variety of tasks. Tasks undertaken will involve; mood boards, colour boards, colour cards, research, organising the studio space and sourcing art supplies.
• Working on colourway options, drawings, repeats, print placements, layouts, artworks for fabric developments, t-shirt designs and embellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Updating design boards through close collaboration with the team, ensuring boards are photographed, copied, distributed and archived when requested.
• Organising meetings and liaising with Reception to book meeting rooms, alongside meeting and greeting visitors as required.
• Assisting the Print Design team with the delivery of special project requests; this may be in a design development or administrative capacity.
• Undertaking required administrative tasks such as ordering stationary, photocopying, printing and scanning.
• Ensuring that all archiving for the Print Department is maintained and recorded.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Currently studying towards or have previously completed a degree in Textile / Print Design / Surface Pattern or equivalent qualification would be desirable.
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of print design processes, fabric bases and colour.
• Familiar with creating design boards and an understanding of seasons and deadlines.
• We love interns who are eager to learn and have an abundance of creative flair!
• A team player who can also work using their own initiative and build effective working relationships.
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and work to set deadlines.
• Ability to assess colour, prints and textiles and maintain current knowledge of fashion design processes and trends.
• Flexibility over working days and hours.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples. This should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date. Please submit this as part of your Cover Letter.