Global Tax Lead
As the Tax Lead you will play a key role in developing and managing our tax strategy and processes. You will be in charge of setting up the tax (with a focus on indirect tax) framework for the business. You will train non-tax stakeholders (such as Partnerships) on tax topics and support them in conversations with potential partners. You will ensure we are complying with tax regulations and are up-to-date with any tax law development. You will work closely with several departments such as Finance, Legal, Partnerships, Tech and Supply.
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
- Develop a global tax process including process documentation, controls, standardisation and streamlining;
- Coordination and review of taxes in local statutory financial statements;
- Research tax technical issues and keep up to date with tax law development;
- Coordinate with and support the Finance team as necessary;
- Be the point of contact for internal and external queries on commercial aspects of the approach on VAT and customs;
- Overall coordination and final review of tax returns prepared by external service providers, including VAT, CIT and customs.
Experience, knowledge & skills
- University degree with relevant education;
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with global tax compliance (EU/UK/US), in Big 4, tax consultancy or in-house at a multinational company;
- Experience in guiding tax-related projects and process improvement initiatives;
- Ability to work with cross organizational users - Finance, Partnerships, Tech, Supply;
- Strong communication skills and the capability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to effectively articulate and present tax information and risks to non-tax stakeholders and business users.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, results-focus, flexible, adaptable;
- Ability to deal with a fast paced environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Superb organization skills.
What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues - in a different time zone - that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!
We look forward to hearing from you!