Head of Sales and Flagship Store Experience
WHO WE ARE
NIGEL CURTISS is a Modern Luxury Lifestyle Brand for Women and Men. An innovator and creator in custom clothing, Nigel Curtiss has built an enviable reputation both within and beyond the fashion industry. Rooted in custom design and sustainable luxury for nearly 30 years, the NIGEL CURTISS custom clothing brand is expanding into ready-to-wear fashion for women and men.
The new collection includes luxury essentials for women and men, everything from formal tailored pieces to the perfect white shirt, luxury loungewear, silk pajamas and custom denim. With his new ready-to-wear collection, Curtiss remains committed to the idea of designing curated, limited edition collections of elegant, highly wearable and timeless garments for women and men. Drawing upon his vast experience in the fashion business, we believe that this sustainable approach to luxury, with zero compromise in quality, is the future of fashion.
This November, the first NIGEL CURTISS flagship store will open in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District and will offer a luxury lifestyle shopping experience. With a modern residential feel, the new store will feature the full collection of ready-to-wear for women and men, a custom atelier experience as well as a coffee bar and lounge. It’s truly a place where discerning clientele can comfortably escape, indulge and shop. The shopping experience continues online with the newly re-designed ecommerce site www.NigelCurtiss.com launching November 2021.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a fashion industry professional who is passionate about creating a luxury selling experience at our new flagship store in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District. In this role, you’ll lead the store staff, uphold the brand image, engage with customers, drive sales growth and ensure operational success of our new flagship store. This is a unique opportunity to grow with us as we expand our established customs business into ready-to-wear.
In this role, you’ll:
- Understand and promote the NIGEL CURTISS brand story, philosophy and lifestyle to the brand team and customers.
- Actively build and foster new, long-term and loyal customer relationships.
- Partner with the designer and marketing team to host in-store appointments and events for VIPs, celebrities, press, fashion influencers and business professionals.
- Serve as brand ambassador to foster local and strategic partnerships with businesses and hotels that are brand-elevating and inspire customers to shop.
- Hire, train and motivate a team to deliver exceptional customer service, store environment and sales results.
- Ensure the store achieves financial targets by monitoring, improving and reporting on the customer behaviors and data that drives the business.
- Manage overall store operations, including but not limited to recruiting and retaining staff, managing staff scheduling, in-store merchandising and product inventory.
- Take an active role on the sales floor to participate in clientele development and provide coaching for the store team.
- Leverage insights from in-store experiences and ecommerce data to best serve our customers, improve selling practices and share feedback on product assortment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organization and problem-solving skills maintaining calm in chaos and conflict.
- Advocate and communicate the importance of sustainable luxury to both customers and teams.
Your desired experience and background will include:
- 3+ years’ experience in luxury fashion sales and store management.
- Track record of selling success in a luxury retail environment.
- Results-driven leader adept at creating and building relationships; Existing network of luxury clientele is a plus.
- Strong understanding of clienteling, store operations and visual merchandising in a luxury and fashion retail environment.
- Experience recruiting, identifying and motivating a team of diverse talent who embodies the brand spirit and standard.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on driving business results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work hands-on and during priority time frames.
- Ability to use POS system and inventory management functionality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- US work authorization preferred.
WHY WORK WITH US
NIGEL CURTISS is an established custom clothing business that is aggressively expanding into ready-to-wear for women and men. Family-owned and operated, the NIGEL CURTISS brand offers Associates an entrepreneurial work environment while also providing the opportunity to collaborate with top fashion and luxury sector talent. Benefits for this role include:
- Competitive salary plus commission-based compensation
- Flexible paid time off
- Employee discount
- Luxury and modern store environment
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Opportunity for career advancement and professional growth
The Head of Sales and Flagship Store Experience role is full-time and based in the new NIGEL CURTISS flagship store located in New York City’s Meatpacking District.