Head of Brand Marketing
Hush is a fast-growing fashion and lifestyle brand, founded 18 years ago by Mandy Watkins and now established as one of the UK’s leading online fashion retailers. We employ around 150 staff in our head office and across 30 John Lewis concessions, creating and selling a beautiful range of women’s clothing and accessories that are characterised by an elegant simplicity and laidback sense of style. Despite the challenges to the retail industry over the past 2 years, hush has continued grow – but our company culture still reflects our entrepreneurial roots and relaxed aesthetic – we love hard-working and talented people with a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do.
As Head of Brand Marketing you will lead our Content Marketing, Brand, PR, Social and Events team – with the primary objective of driving awareness and consideration of hush among new customers and deepening loyalty and engagement among existing customers (particularly our top customers). You will be responsible for delivering brand campaigns, marketing content, events and activations which reinforce the core hush brand values and create buzz and excitement around the brand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Define a clear brand strategy for the hush brand, which reinforces hush brand values and positioning within the womenswear, accessories and lifestyle marketplace.
- Ensure the seasonal brand communications plan projects a clear and distinctive personality for the brand that is congruent with hush brand values - while also being tightly aligned with key commercial objectives, product launch timings and the trading calendar.
- Guide and mentor the Content Marketing team in their work with Creative/Editorial and Buying & Merchandising leadership to brainstorm, develop and define a seasonal programme of brand campaigns and content which amplifies the core values and positioning of the hush brand and showcases key product lines to drive awareness/consideration among potential new customers and drive deeper engagement/loyalty and love of the hush brand among existing customers.
- Support and guide the PR, Social and Events team in developing our strategies to grow our audiences and engagement through those channels.
- Work with the Head of Digital Marketing and comms channel owners to align and balance brand-building story-telling with commercial revenue-driving communications activity within an overall seasonal communications plan.
- Drive the marketing strategy with John Lewis, working with our retail partner to develop stronger marketing activity across JLP channels to grow our share of their business.
- Manage and develop the Content Marketing, PR, Social and Events team – ensuring that they have clear OKRs and KPIs for their activities, that brand storytelling is managed effectively and coordinated across multiple channels, and that they have clear personal development and career plans.
- Extensive experience in Brand Marketing – preferably with exposure to online fashion retail - with a proven track record of building brand awareness, buzz and customer advocacy through innovative multi-media marketing content and campaigns, and progressive PR, Social and Events strategies.
- Highly organised, structured and strategic – able to drive clarity and understanding about the primary purpose of activity, evaluate/prioritise creative ideas by linking them back to the overarching content strategy and brand values.
- A planner by nature – able to establish cross-functional alignment around a brand marketing strategy underpinned by a seasonal content calendar well in advance of seasonal launch dates, working with multiple stakeholders across B&M, Creative and marketing channel owners.
- Proven experience of coming up with original, creative and inspiring content themes based on a brand and content strategy to appeal and resonate with both existing customers and new prospective customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence multiple senior stakeholders and drive clear and timely decision-making.
- A good understanding of the creative development and pre-production/shoot process, combined with good creative judgement.
- Able to build strong relationships, think creatively, prioritise for team and manage own time effectively.
- Flexible, adaptable working style with an ability to learn quickly, manage ambiguity, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment and with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- An ability to ‘toggle’ between highly conceptual, creative ideation and a more pragmatic planning and delivery process-orientation.
We are currently operating a ‘hybrid’ working model, with 3 days per week in our bright, brand new offices in Clapham Old Town, London.