Sales Manager- MAGIC
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows and digital events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, and PROJECT. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised experiences, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
What we’re looking for:
This role is responsible for outside sales; primarily pursues new customers/new business. Maintains strong relationships with retention business and identifies new sales opportunities, creates strategy for pursuing targets and is ultimately responsible for closing sales to all levels of customers. Services inbound calls and lead generation for new customers and manages all retention/new business for assigned categories and/or communities. Sells the overall concept of our physical and digital events. The ideal candidate is driven to achieve sales goals as assigned for retention and new business customers and is consistently tracking self-performance via Salesforce.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Conducts face-to-face sales calls and meetings with potential new exhibitors and key retention accounts; receives calls from and supports them through the order and account management process along with addressing concerns and issues. Responsible for customer service for the entire show cycle, including completing the online contract applications, post show and pre-show follow up with exhibitors.
- Responsible for maintaining retention customers and works to retain retention customers that are not returning
- Sells the overall concept of Brand and increases participation in sponsorship and advertising opportunities; tracks self-performance to goals via Salesforce.com
- Sell potential accounts into correct sections within show floor and manages expectations in regard to positioning and merchandising both at live and in digital spaces
- Performs extensive marketplace research and develops sales strategies accordingly including call, email and field meetings; researches client needs and creates a one stop solution to their marketing and sales strategy.
- Maintains strong industry credibility through visible attendance at trade shows and other events, staying up to date on new developments and technologies and communicating this information to both key existing accounts and potential new accounts. Contributes to research efforts in new products.
- Maintains Salesforce.com customer database for accuracy and exceptional notes; conducts data clean-up each show cycle and on-going maintenance per policies.
- Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of prospects statuses; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management.
- Works with CRM Salesforce team in continuous improvement efforts and troubleshooting Salesforce.com issues; attends and contributes to system improvement review meetings. Maintains accuracy of brand information understanding the information is downloaded for show directories.
- Performs additional duties on show site: helps ensure freight is accurately delivered, works with EACs and Operations to resolve set-up issues, reviews aisle signage, banners and booth locations for accuracy, collects unpaid balances from exhibitors, meets with all assigned exhibitors to ensure outstanding customer service, assists floor managers with taking pictures of all exhibitors, delivers violations if required, collects testimonials and prevents early teardown.
- Works with Sales Director and VP of Events to properly merchandise the exhibitor floorplan to ensure maximum compliance with internal merchandising strategies and brand’s specific booth request.
- Penetrates all retention and new business campaigns to hit revenue goals
- Discovers new leads for segment of business to target
What you bring to the team:
- College degree in marketing or sales with at least 5 years in fashion brand sales or tradeshow booth selling or a combination of education and experience.
- Sponsorships, digital, tradeshow sales or similar products
- Experience and exposure in the fashion industry - relationships with women’s apparel and or accessory retailers/brands from value to mass market price points would be ideal
- Proof of hitting large sales revenue targets
- Individual must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and be detail and team oriented
- Passionate about participating in a collaborative environment
- Proficient with experience in MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and other software packages
Other Key Success Attributes:
- Experience in a B2B environment a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of applying trade show sales strategy to campaigns is extremely valuable.
- Understands issues relevant to the Fashion market and industry.
- Listens to and understands customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.