Join the team at our Head Office in Nottingham as a Shipping Controller. In this role, you will create and control shipments to the UK and worldwide, ensuring that all documents are compliant with the destination customs rules and regulations.
• Control and create wholesale export shipments using the MOSIAC web based system.
• Control and create fabric and trims shipments using the Prima system.
• Ensure that any shipments are despatched in a cost-effective and timely manner that reflects the shipments priority, ensuring that they are tracked to the final destination.
• Create quotes, when requested, for shipments using pre-determined rate sheets or by liaising with the correct freight forwarder.
• Assist with the creation of trade preference documents.
• To create removals and National Export System export declarations from the Bonded Warehouse Systems.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office 365.
• Previous experience and knowledge of imports and exports and preparation of shipping documents.
• Able to produce accurate and detailed monthly reports.
• Experience of analysis and interpretation of information and data.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player who can work using their own initiative.
• Able to work to strict deadlines.
• Confident liaising with third parties on a regular basis.
• Effective planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills.
• Able to work extended hours during busy periods.
• Awareness, interest, and knowledge of the global economy.