Product Developer - Sweaters/Knits
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $9 billion in revenues (2018). We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
Department and Team The TH Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers , based in the Amsterdam global head office. As Product Developers we work closely cross-divisionally with the design team and merchandising teams in order to deliver successful collections that embody the 'designers' vision and still meet the business needs in terms of margins and brand identity.
The Product Developer is responsible for the product development from sketch (created by Design) until final product for the WSW Sweaters team. The product is developed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established in cooperation with the Design/ Merchandise department.
- Liaise with Design for initial sourcing initiatives (e.g. sourcing trips) during Global Creative Research, with the objective to foster innovation and to ensure competitive price points
- Collaborate with textile agents and mills to identify new fabric and trim-trends and ensure mills are briefed on new development requests
- Advise Design during development process regarding cost implications and provide call-outs regarding quality risks to the product
- Responsible for product management throughout the development process, by attending key meetings (e.g. raw materials meeting, proto review, final price meeting, SMS review), and advising on possible improvements of product and margins , and signing off (pre-production) samples
- Collaborate with merchandising to set target FOB prices with the objective to achieve margins
- Negotiate FOB prices with Direct Vendors and Buying Office throughout the development and production process, ensuring margins are maintained for actual order quantities
- Review and monitor bulk orders with Buying & Planning to ensure timeliness of style bookings for bulk delivery and advise on pre-booking of raw materials
- Send vendor requests for protos and SMS to vendors, elaborate on requests during handover (on site) using technical packs, sketches, and measurement charts, assist / monitor vendors during production, and manage escalation of issues during (bulk) production
- Involved in risk assessment and assignment of care labels, collaborating with Central Quality Assurance regarding any quality issues
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data in PLM (e.g. BOM, prices), by continuously updating the system
- Provide analyses and reporting on KPIs related to product development (e.g. margins, vendor performance, season evaluation)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 4 years working experience in development/sourcing/production.
- Experience in sweater flat knit product.
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Used to working under pressure with tight deadlines
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fabrics and sourcing, fitting and patterns.
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafés
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.