We are looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join the YMC team in London, working across both menswear and womenswear.
Within this busy role you will be planning and trading category areas with the support of a Buying Team. You will be responsible for running key reports, planning allocations and managing category level stocks.
Working within the retail division of the business as part of a small yet strong team.
- In season trading under the direction of a Buying Team.
- Responsibility of planning and trading a number of categories working alongside a buyer.
- Maintenance & management categories, reviewing and managing the following parameters; sales, spend & OTB, intake, carry over, stock movements, Markdown, drop stock & forward cover
- Identifying commercial repeats in season.
- Presenting at weekly Tuesday trade meetings
- Managing allocation & launch planning. Liaising with buying & VM team, production & warehouse and ensuring that stock is in the right place in order to reach sales plan.
- Attend and coordinate weekly production meetings to review and manage actual & planned intake
- Managing Markdown uploads and store communication with the allocation team
- Development and management of the allocation team.
- Schedule and manage department current and end of season analysis; colour, price point, attributes & ROS
- Supporting Merchandisers and Buyers with in season analysis to ensure sales are optimized.
- Ownership of designated store groups, optimizing performance and liaising with Senior Retail Team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Numerate & Analytical
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong in decision-making
- Working under pressure
- Strong initiative
- 2-3 years experience- Currently working at a Senior allocator level or above.
- MS Office – Intermediate / Advanced Level
YMC is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.