Learning and Development Manager
Department: People & Culture (PCT)
Reports to: Chief People & Culture Officer
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftsmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focussed.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
To manage the Learning & Development of our Manolo Blahnik teams across Head Office, our boutiques and warehouse, both in the UK & Internationally. You will be supporting all of the teams to identify learning needs and be able to create, deliver and source suitable learning solutions that will enable us to achieve our business goals and growth plans. You will be the ambassador for learning across the business and must have the experience of delivering training across a wide topic area to varying levels in the business. This role will also act as an external ambassador for Manolo Blahnik and will be responsible for delivering brand specific training to external partners, ensuring that the Company’s training programme is delivered according to brand image and message.
- Internal & external ambassador for Manolo Blahnik.
- Design and deliver strategic learning and development programmes across the business with the aim of increasing functional and management capabilities.
- Partnering with the business to implement learning initiatives that will develop and support our teams to meet business objectives.
- Identify learning needs across all areas of the business and work with the Chief People Officer to develop the L&D strategy for the year.
- Analyse capability levels to fully understand the gaps and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Work in partnership with the People & Culture Manager to oversee the performance review process on a biannual basis and support managers where required.
- Deliver engaging and enthusiastic training modules, using excellent presentation and communication skills in order to present key messages to diverse audiences, through a variety of mediums.
- Update existing training modules as and when required, in line with the company’s vision and standards.
- Partner with Wholesale team to provide MB training to our partners to ensure that the company vision is met.
- Adapt and update our existing training content, as necessary, for use by third parties.
- Develop the Train the Trainer programme both internally and with third parties.
- Create and deliver new Manolo Blahnik modules such as ‘Boutique Ceremony’ in partnership with retail.
- Evaluate the impact of training programmes and adjust accordingly.
- Deliver the Manolo Blahnik induction in conjunction with PCT.
- Keep up to date with developments in learning & development by networking, webinars, reading relevant journals and other materials.
- Research e-learning techniques and where relevant develop e-learning programmes (e.g., Webinars, Apps etc.).
- Any other tasks that may be required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven Learning & Development experience preferably within luxury retail sector.
- Must have previous experience of training design and delivery.
- Great coaching and mentoring skills.
- Commercially savvy, a keen interest in metrics and demonstrating ROI on all L&D solutions.
- Ability to build relationships and network easily, both internally and externally.
- Ability to be pro-active, use initiative and work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment by being flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and ensure delivery of results within tight deadlines.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Communication: Strong and effective presentation skills and ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels, with tact and diplomacy.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ambassador: Representing Manolo Blahnik products and values with passion.
- Excellence: High level of finesse and excellence required in delivery of all tasks.
- A passionate interest in L&D , able to network and keep ahead of emerging trends, ideas and industry/sector insights.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- CIPD qualification is advantageous