Reports to: Chief Financial Officer with dotted line to Chief Operating Officer
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focused.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
To oversee the risk assessment and processes for the Global business. Responsible for implementing rules and policies in order to provide reasonable assurance about the reliability of financial reporting, efficiency of operation and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
This is a new position that will require the successful candidate to establish ‘internal control’ within the business and be able work closely with each department to assess departmental risks and work in partnership to drive efficiencies and controls where applicable.
Risk and Compliance
- To carry out Risk and Compliance reviews across the business.
- Manage all aspects of Risk and Compliance from employees to third parties by implementing a relevant control environment.
- Devise and deliver training across all levels of the business to ensure employees have an intricate understanding of all internal control guidelines and standards.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance across departments.
- Initiate process reviews and advise improvements to policies and procedures to ensure rules are applied and controls are efficient.
- Onboard internal teams in relation to Risk & Compliance initiatives.
- Report Risk & Compliance findings to Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure escalations are acted upon in a timely manner and resolved accordingly.
- Manage stakeholder relationships internally: keeping everyone on track across all areas of work.
- Keep up to date on changes in Legislation & Regulations across all key areas that could be relevant for our business.
Environmental Social Governance (ESG)
- To support the company ESG strategy including working across departments to deliver responsibility commitments.
- To be the secretary for the Responsibility Committee.
- Reviewing responsibility related information from suppliers e.g. sustainability certificates for materials, Codes of Conduct, past audit reports etc.
- Developing and managing data collection: systems/processes.
- Organising formal supplier monitoring: audits and managing Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) completion.
- Support with the creation of responsibility related policies and developing processes for policy compliance.
- Supporting the responsibility strategy: driving progress, managing risks, developing 'tools' to address gaps and opportunities.
- Writing reports on responsibility progress: for internal and external audiences and meeting reporting requirements
- Organising external trainings: on specific areas of responsibility e.g certifications, circularity.
Any other tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Substantial experience as an internal controller, ideally within luxury brand.
- Experience with corporate governance risk and regulatory matters.
- Communication: Strong and effective presentation skills and ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels.
- Intellect: Excellent analytical, report-writing skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Language Skills: English and Italian, both verbal and written communication