RTR Senior Accountant (18 month FTC)
This role is an 18 month FTC
Burberry plc, a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire a Senior Accountant. The role is part of the Burberry Business Services (BBS) organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for execution of Record to Report ("RTR") EMEIA tasks within the BBS Finance function in accordance with the Group Policies, IFRS and local GAAP requirements, agreed service level agreements and key performance indicators. They will be responsible for a set of small entities accounts.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the development of the team, helping to transition work into the BBS function ensuring processes are identified, transferred and improved to ensure a streamlined, efficient team within the overall BBS Finance function.
- Execution and/or review and approval of RTR transactions and reports.
- Preparation and/or review and approval of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation and/or review and submission of local compliance work, including but not limited to statutory accounts and VAT and tax periodic returns.
- Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- Train and supervise accountants and review their work as required.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders, including Group Finance and Commercial team, and external stakeholders, including External Audit.
- Ensure compliance with the Group Policies, including operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Role may require some travel at times and work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
- Apply understanding of assigned business processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
- Work closely with the process owners to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
- Proactively seek feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and use this to inform future delivery of services.
Qualifications & Experience
- Completed or nearing completion (final exams) of a professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is desirable.
- Experience in applying IFRS or local accounting GAAP is required.
- SAP training and certification is desirable. Experience of BPC is an advantage.
- Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set.
- Worked within a multicurrency environment, analysing and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets.
- Can demonstrate appetite for delivering continuous improvement.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
- Uses a variety of techniques to influence a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across a range of operational issues. Able to establish personal credibility at all levels.
- Builds effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross-functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||