Who What Wear is looking to hire a Copywriter to be part of its award-winning culture. If you’re looking for the next step in your retail/ eCommerce/ fashion career, we’d love to hear from you!
As the Copywriter, you will be a member of our new and fast-growing direct-to-consumer (DTC) business and play a key role in maintaining and evolving the Who What Wear Collection brand voice. You’ll develop copy for every customer touchpoint: site, product descriptions, email, social, SMS, paid media, and more.
If you’re the ideal candidate for this role, you’re customer-centric and passionate about driving business/sales by using smart, on-brand storytelling and creating emotional connections with consumers. Ultimately, you are comfortable and excited to develop a full range of copy to bring all aspects of the brand to life and describe yourself as agile, collaborative, and organized.
This position is based in Los Angeles and reports to the SVP of Marketing.
Our Future of Work: Who What Wear employees are working from home for the remainder of 2021; therefore, all interview and onboarding activities are virtual. Beginning in 2022, we will transition to a hybrid in-person/ remote work environment. Candidates should be open to both remote and in-person work.
Key Duties Include:
- Maintain and develop a clear and consistent brand voice across all channels and touchpoints
- Write full range of compelling, on-brand communication that meets marketing objectives for all assignments, including site assets, social media, search marketing, email, packaging inserts, brand guidelines, new product launches
- Write all product descriptions to include facts such as features, colors, materials/fiber, care, measurements, and creative taglines.
- Read and react to basic KPIs to help increase marketing engagement metrics (e.g. email open rates, click-throughs, paid social CTR/conversion, etc.)
- Work with Marketing colleagues to build A/B test copy and help provide understanding around what drives the best results across platforms
- Brainstorm new and innovative ways to engage and storytell to our customers via copy
- Collaborate with the creative team, ecommerce, and other cross functional partners on a variety of assets, advising on improving content across all channels while keeping business strategy and results top of mind
- 3+ years copywriting experience, with a minimum of 1 years in retail / eCommerce
- Strong portfolio of digital work including email, website, and social campaigns which exhibit your ability to synthesize, conceptualize, and execute. And of course, your portfolio must also show that you have excellent grammar, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience developing both short-form and longer form commercial content
- Must be comfortable within a fast-paced, nimble, environment managing multiple daily projects without sacrificing quality, detail, or organization.
- Well-versed in current trends, especially social media trends
- Prior experience writing product descriptions for ecomm
- Prior DTC experience and knowledge of SEO is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance: Unlimited time off, paid holidays, Summer Fridays (Half-day Fridays), paid winter break, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: 85%–100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short- and long-term disability coverage and life insurance. Self-Care Fridays (Half-day Fridays) to encourage self-care and mental health awareness.
- Financial Well-being: Sponsored 401k plan with unlimited access to financial advisors and planning tools. Bonus eligibility for all Full-Time employees.
- Opportunity to Fight Racism: We’re proud to match 100% of employee donations made to organizations that combat racism or support recovery from racist acts of violence.
- Opportunity to Do Good: Each employee dedicates one day per year toward an impactful social good project.
- Employee Discount: Who What Wear employees receive 50% off everything from the Who What Wear Collection (DTC)
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its digital fashion publication — whowhatwear.com — and its carefully curated, low-key luxury line of clothing and accessories, the Who What Wear Collection. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping podcasts Second Life and Who What Wear with Hillary Kerr, both hosted by Kerr. Headquartered in Los Angeles.