Sourcing and Production Manager
We are offering an exciting opportunity as Sourcing and Production Manager at our Gothenburg HQ. When working with us you can expect to work with great colleagues in a rapidly expanding fashion company, where every day brings with it unique challenges and possibilities. We are a company of innovators, dreamers, and doers who are driven by passion.
We are looking for an ambitious Sourcing and Production Manager to be a part of our expanding team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is extremely structured and organized, able to inspire and lead teams, with a passion for fashion both in ready-to-wear and footwear. Your main focus and responsibilities will be to ensure capacity, quality, lead-time, and margin throughout our sourcing and production processes.
You will work in close collaboration with the Supply Chain Director, Head of Product, Product Manager, Design and Production Operations managing the product cycle from SMS to final product. Daily interaction with colleagues cross-functionally is also expected. We are looking for someone who considers themself to be product-driven and executing to the highest level of quality.
Responsibilities, individual and together with your team
- Ensure capacity, quality, lead-time, and margin of Axel Arigato’s production to deliver according to our targets
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Designers, Technicians, Quality Control, Supply Chain, and suppliers in order to ensure product success.
- Continuous, annual, and long-term management of supplier capacity
- Manage and implement reduction of production lead-time
- Follow up on factory performance through KPIs:s based on the approval process
- Manage raw material projections and bookings in order to secure capacity and follow up with production coordinators in partnership with our finished goods factories on actualization
- Supplier management including annual contracts, certifications, audits, policies, supplier manuals, and onboarding procedures
- Bulk order cost negotiation based on volumes
- Work closely with the Product teams in relation to securing all approvals for production orders in accordance with delivery schedules.
- Follow product process from development hand-over to final sample in partnership with Footwear technicians and suppliers with an emphasis on quality product and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the seasonal calendar.
- Manage and ensure the PLM system is implemented and used throughout the organization
- Work closely with the suppliers to ensure timely turnover of pre-production samples for approval for placement of final production.
- Provide feedback and information to factories to make necessary changes in a clear and concise manner.
- Together with your team monitor and review all pre-production samples to ensure execution to spec as well as meet material, quality, execution, and construction standards.
- Develop processes for product production that help scale up the department workflows bringing suggestions for constant improvements and efficiencies
- Follow the changes in design from the RTW SMS stage to the final product and keep all corresponding data up to date and all relevant teams informed.
- Creation and management of all production-spec sheets.
- Validation of all article data prior to PO handoff to ensure smooth PO creation including price, lead time, and supplier
- Management of LDP and DDP Margins Monthly by product category
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in relevant subject matter
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sourcing and production in footwear and ready to wear
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing and leading teams
- Can demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of production methods and manufacturing processes
- Experience working with shoe production
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; detail-oriented and meticulous
- Knowledge in CMT and FOB
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and software systems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English is a must, additional languages meriting
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Experience working with production in Portugal is not mandatory but meriting
Please apply by submitting your CV and motivational letter.
We process applications continuously and the position may be filled before the last day of application.
Salary: According to agreement
Start date: According to agreement