Product Development Assistant
Shrimps is a fashion label from London-based designer Hannah Weiland, launched in 2013.
With a background in History of Art and Surface Textile Design, Weiland takes her inspiration from the witticisms of modern art and a playful engagement with pattern and texture.
Initially known for colourful faux fur outerwear, bringing the material to the luxury sphere and leading the conversation on cruelty-free fashion, Shrimps now has a full ready-to-wear offering and is renowned for its handmade accessories.
Shrimps is committed to avoiding discrimination of any kind when hiring, casting and choosing collaborators. Furthermore, we are actively working to improve our diversity of representation in these areas, each season discussing as a team how we can affect genuine, non-tokenistic improvement throughout the business.
We will endeavour to go above and beyond to facilitate requests for projects by or for underrepresented groups, and to approach individuals from such groups with opportunities for paid collaborations. Shrimps also supports numerous charitable causes with both one-off and ongoing contributions.
We are looking for a hands-on and proactive Product Development Assistant to support the Product Development department in the end to end creation of RTW, Knitwear, Accessories & Jewellery.
As Product Development Assistant you will also work collaboratively with Design, Production and Wholesale to ensure the design vision for each season is delivered. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, and be passionate about product longevity and sustainability.
- Building & maintaining strong relationships with current and new suppliers across RTW, Knitwear, Accessories & Jewellery
- Attending regular meetings with Design to discuss technical information and brief
- Sourcing and developing raw materials and components across categories
- Managing new development swatches; working with Design to establish new season techniques and overseeing development with suppliers
- Techpack creation for proto & SMS stage
- Support fit sessions and ensure that amends are communicated & implemented
- Zedonk entry and general data management
- Supporting with send outs and working to critical path deadlines
- Assisting with production hand-overs for style & raw materials, supporting with production resolves
- Organising samples and providing Wholesale with additional materials pre-market
- Previous experience in a Product Development or related role
- Fashion/Textiles degree level, or equivalent
- Good knowledge of garment construction, fit and garment measuring
- Awareness of product longevity, quality and general attention to detail
- Confident using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with using Zedonk would be beneficial but not necessary
- Solution orientated, flexible and organised
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer:
- 25days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Your birthday off!
- Summer Fridays – early finish throughout July/August
- Uniform allowance and discounted product
- Bike-to-work scheme and Annual Travel Card loans
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Additional perks added continuously