Assistant Project Manager - Retail Fit-Out
Based from our London office, the Assistant Project Manager will co-ordinate and assist with the management of Retail and Wholesale projects including new locations, refits, refurbishments, relocations and closures.
Working with the Head of Property, Senior Interior Designers and other related parties to effectively deliver projects from initial feasibility to completion.
• Assist with initial feasibility studies on proposed locations including working with designers to establish the outline scope of works, cost estimations and timescales.
• Attend project briefing meetings, collate all necessary information and build the initial project programme to set as a basis for the entire project.
• Track changes, manage budgets, identify risks, monitor progress and update the project programme accordingly communicating any changes as necessary.
• Coordinate the procurement of any ‘client direct’ items such as security systems, AV installations, back of house equipment and any direct order items where necessary.
• Ensure that all relevant health and safety requirements are identified and implemented.
• Attend project handover meetings; create snagging lists with Designers, Architects and Contractors. Issue and follow up to conclusion.
• Any other related duties, not specified above, as outlined by your Line Manager.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Previous project support or management experience in either a construction or Retail/Wholesale environment is essential.
• Experience of working on multiple projects of varying sizes/levels.
• Strong Microsoft Project skills and confident using other Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to provide support to a team of Designers and Managers.
• Experience in creating and maintaining project schedules, generating reports, monitoring costs and working with Quantity Surveyors, Contractors and various other Consultants.
• Ability to see a project through from commencement to completion.
• Ability to be able to read and understand construction drawings.
• Flexible attitude and the ability to work with multiple business partners on varying projects.
• An interest in retail projects and implementation, construction methods and working on special projects as well as unusual practices.
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to work to own initiative and meet key deadlines.
• A team member who has the ability to deal with people at all levels in order to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Highly organised with exceptional prioritisation and planning skills.