Denim Assistant Designer
The Denim Assistant Designer will support the denim team with all aspects of the denim design, from development through production.
- Understanding of denim fabrics, washes and apparel construction.
- Prior experience working with a denim laundry on finishes.
- Strong sewing skills, able to operate industrial sewing machine.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in standard computer programs, Microsoft Office, and design related software, Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat.
- Assist with design research, sketch and wash boards.
- Work on stitch mock-ups, drapes and swatches as needed.
- Assist with illustrator sketches, digital mock-ups and sketch call-outs.
- Attend fittings and assist with fit notes.
- Review wash comments alongside denim team and build wash technical knowledge.
- Organize vintage and proto racks.
- Facilitate shipping, receiving and logging of all sample materials on a daily basis
- Pick up / deliver samples and trims or make purchasing trips to garment center as needed.