Beauty Editor - UK
Who What Wear UK is looking to hire a Beauty Editor to join its award-winning culture. If you’re an experienced editor with a love for all things beauty, we want to hear from you!
As the Beauty Editor, you will be a master storyteller who pushes the Who What Wear brand into new content territory while continuing to look for ways to optimise growth and innovation. The Beauty Editor will be well-versed in the beauty space and ready to translate their insight into top-performing content.
The ideal candidate will have an exceptional body of work demonstrating the ability to package content, a strong sense of urgency with the ability to quickly turn an idea into a final product , and a collaborative spirit with a positive, can-do attitude.
This position is based in London and reports directly to the Editor.
Our Future of Work: Who What Wear employees are working from home for the remainder of 2021; therefore, all interview and onboarding activities are virtual. Beginning in 2022, we will transition to a hybrid in-person/remote work environment. Candidates should be open to working remotely with a requirement to work in person from time to time.
- Pitch and write daily content for www.whowhatwear.co.uk whilst strategically defining areas of growth and opportunity for WWW beauty and continuously explore how to increase its visibility, loyalty and acquire new audiences.
- Oversee overall Beauty channel output and performance, with the support of editor and editor-in-chief, maintaining consistency in tone and visuals, championing diversity and balancing commercial and editorial KPIs.
- Work to source, commission and top-edit external talent including freelancers, celebrities and industry experts. Plus, train new freelancers to produce WWW Beauty content.
- Work alongside the social media editor to translate beauty content onto all social platforms, be confident in your presence through social media (both live and recorded).
- Build WWW UK’s authority and awareness within the beauty industry, working with the sales leads to scout new business opportunities, and when required, work on special projects, such as executing branded content.
- Represent the brand with confidence through editor-led shoots and videos, and at industry events, press days/trips and be a source for quotes.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of beauty news, trends, celebrities, key products and brands.
- Work outside of standard contractual hours on the rare occasion such as fashion week, events and/or award season.
- 5+ years of relevant journalism experience; digital preferred and proven background in beauty
- Experienced in SEO best practices, analytics, content strategy and how to write for social media
- Ability to shoot high quality imagery and video content.
- Comprehensive knowledge of celebrities, models, tastemakers, influencers and beauty experts.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and provide self-guidance.
- Strong contacts/relationships with beauty industry press teams and celebrity publicists.
- Commercial-first mindset combined with the nous and experience of editorial decision-making.
- Team player, with a resourceful can-do attitude, who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with products at affordable prices. Headquartered in Los Angeles.