Project Manager / Scrum Master, eCommerce (partial to full remote in eastern time)
Primary Purpose: This manager will serve as Scrum Master to a team within a specific domain(s) under the digital transformation project. They will lead the team in their respective commitments to ensure the overall digital solution is delivered to our brands. The manager will report directly to the Program Manager and collaborate with the Digital Product team and Brand Leads.
- Manage multiple projects / workstreams through entire life cycle (i.e. discovery to closure).
- Serve as, and execute the duties of, Scrum Master including partnering with Product Managers/Owners on scope alignment, facilitating Scrum ceremonies and acting as servant leader to their scrum team.
- Manage geographically-dispersed business teams, off-shore development teams, and third-party vendors
- Support Product Owners in the technical and operational requirements-gathering and documentation process.
- Acts as liaison between development team and business/leadership stakeholders, translating complex technical concepts into easily understood terms.
- Provides visibility to stakeholders on status, progress, risks, constraints, and overall health of project/workstream thru status reports, RAID, diagrams, and timelines.
- Responsible for their team's completion of deliverables on time, on budget, and with agree upon scope. Working with team directly to improve upon any short comings and ensure commitments are held.
- Act as first level of escalation and work with his project team to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Take the necessary measures to understand their technical domain in an effort to be able to communicate progress, issues, and risks to stakeholders.
- Establish rapport with business stakeholders and take measures to understand business needs and pain points in order to better prioritize technical work.
- Leverage professional experiences to proactively identify risks, areas of improvement, and ultimately improve the quality of delivered work to stakeholders.
- 5+ years' experience as Project Manager
- 5+ years' experience as a Scrum Master
- Must have experience in managing at least one to two Scrum Teams.
- Must have ability to develop business relationships and communicate successfully with stakeholders at all levels of management.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must have experience with managing program/project level initiatives.
- Must have proven leadership skills and capable of working independently on your own initiative, to an agreed action plan.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Previous experience and knowledge of eCommerce platforms (e.g. Salesforce) preferred.
- Previous experience in Affiliate Marketing a plus
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Confluence, Jira) or similar is preferred
- Scrum certification preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
For a strong candidate, this role can be remote in the eastern time zone, (or willing to work eastern time work hours) , with quarterly trips to headquarters in NYC. If someone desires to work a hybrid schedule of remote and in-office, this role can be based in Manhattan orin North Bergen, NJ.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-RE1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert