Social Media Manager
Since 1959 Alpha Industries has designed and sold high quality, military-inspired outerwear that remains true to its heritage. The authenticity of the brand’s top styles, the MA-1 Flight Jacket and the M-65 Field Coat, was born of purpose as a result of the first contracts awarded by the U.S. Department of Defense over 50 years ago. Even today both styles, among many others, have kept Alpha Industries at the forefront of military fashion offering new fits, silhouettes, colors, and detailing. Available in department stores, specialty shops, and fashion retailers around the globe, Alpha also collaborates with top brands and designers. We operate with a start-up feel but rooted in a strong brand history. For more information, visit www.alphaindustries.com.
Alpha Industries offers a casual, family-friendly work culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration. You’ll be joining a passionate team that works to drive our brand mission and to ensure Alpha continues to evolve into one of the pioneers in military fashion for the gen z and millennial customer.
The Social Media Manager will play an integral and strategic role in elevating the Alpha brand while driving our marketing goals. The position will lead the brand's social content strategy and execution under the brand vision. This position will work within the brand marketing team to oversee the curation and creation of Alpha Industries’ Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Toc, Snap Chat, Pinterest and YouTube content along with other relevant channels.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create & curate engaging social content that makes new & existing customers become fans of the Alpha Industries brand
- Develop (in partnership with marketing) a unique brand voice and aesthetic across our social channels that is reflective of our brand identity yet native to social channels
- Balance in-house content curation and outsourced content curation: Manage a network of internal and external content contributors, reviewing and editing the content on a weekly basis to curate the feed(s).
- Create content from concept to completion - styling, shooting and editing both fashion and lifestyle content
- Identify on-brand tastemakers in the social communities and build partnerships with influencers, brand advocates and other creatives
- Constantly push creative boundaries (while maintaining and establishing the brand's signature POV/identity) in order to generate fresh content that connects with Alpha Industries’ audience in new ways.
- Plan the monthly content calendar across Alpha Industries’ key social channels (both organic and paid) and produce a weekly/monthly content schedule that aligns with the website, brand campaign, product pushes and events; Must have an engaging and timely narrative, flows smoothly and brings to life Alpha Industries’ brand personality and product offering
- Build organic community engagement through likes and thoughtful commentary
- Optimize platforms with best practice applications, i.e.: handles, tagging, hashtags, etc.; Identify new channels that are brand appropriate and aligned with brand strategy and acquisition strategies
- Analyze performance of social content on a weekly basis and use this to constantly evolve the calendar moving forward; Develop weekly and monthly reporting to be shared cross-functionally
- Own the budget for content creation. Manage and balance the budget each month.
- Research and identify emerging social media trends and features, and lead evolution within Alpha Industries channels
- Be the eyes and ears for the team on what's trending on social media. Take a broader POV beyond just fashion as to what are the relevant topics of conversation we should be taking a POV on.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Deep familiarity with and passion for fashion, online retail and social media
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker
- An intuition for the type of content that engages on Instagram and social channels. You understand what's going to make our audience engage, while upholding the aesthetic of the Alpha Industries brand.
- An affinity for the Alpha Industries brand and customer. An insight into why they are fans of Alpha Industries so that you can generate content that truly connects with him/her.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment; able to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced business and pace of social content generation
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years social channel management and content creation experience
- Fashion or lifestyle experience (at forward thinking brand) preferred
Alpha Industries offers competitive pay, employee discounts and outstanding benefits package. Alpha Industries’ corporate headquarters is located in Chantilly, VA, Sales and Marketing located in New York, NY and Distribution Center in Knoxville, TN. Alpha Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To learn more about a rewarding career with Alpha Industries, please visit our website at www.alphaindustries.com.