Senior Pattern Cutter
About Studio Nicholson
Armed with two decades of industry experience as a successful designer, Nick Wakeman launched the first Studio Nicholson collection in 2010. Nick is renowned for her utilisation of superior fabric’s, she honed her skills studying Textile Design at Chelsea School of Art in London. She continues her pursuit to work with only with the best materials available. Drawing inspiration from Japanese culture, architecture and interiors, Nick creates considered pieces that are carefully engineered to provide structure and elegance, forming the basis for the ultimate modular wardrobe. Functionality, modernity, and playfulness are the inherent elements that we believe in as a brand and therefore ignite the foundations of each collection. Working closely with experienced manufacturers in Italy, Portugal, Japan and the UK, Studio Nicholson garments are produced by specialists who intrinsically understand the ethos of the brand, and the perfection Nick strives for.
We are looking for a highly creative senior pattern cutter to work across both womenswear and menswear across all categories. Within a fast-paced working environment, you will focus is on high quality product with perfect fit, beautiful construction and finishing.
You will develop product within an end-to-end development process - concept to production - creating pattern for new blocks and seasonal styles. Using our extensive block library in the womenswear and menswear woven department, we create and innovate on new styles guided by the seasonal design direction and market needs. Working closely with the PD and Production Coordinator team within the process-reviewing& developing prototype samples, signing off production fit samples, providing the necessary graded spec and production comments for factories to do pattern amending.
You will work very closely with your counter parts in Design PD, and Production Coordinator - ensuring to have a close connection to design direction and market needs.
- Pattern Creation for womens and mens woven- seasonal and block developments
- Technical Development - from Proto to production
- Organise paper and digital patterns
- Close collaboration with the design team, PD and production counterparts
- Manage pattern team on daily bases
- Develop basic pattern block and control size
- Attendance of Proto development, SMS and pre-production fitting
- Accurate measurements of pattern for send out and sealing
The Ideal Candidate description:
- At least 5years experience as Pattern Cutter - knowledge of Gerber, grading, and 3d program is preferred
- A bachelor/ master's degree in Pattern Design or Technical Development
- Experience of managerial skill essential
- We are looking for a flexible, knowledgeable, adaptable, confident person, who thrives in a fast paced, exciting work environment - they should have a team centric mindset, focus on product excellence and be passionate about our consumer and everything digital
- Premium brand or competitor brand experience
- Experience in development/sourcing/production
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive conversations with Design and Development/Production team, Factories, and Grader
- A master at working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Understanding of denim production is a plus
- Good knowledge of pattern cutting, alteration and fit
- MS office skills
- Attention to detail and good sketch interpretation skills
What You Can Expect from Us:
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- Benefit of clothes allowance annually from Studio Nicholson
- Work from home on Fridays
Reporting to the Creative Director.