Assistant Fabric Developer
Assist Fabric Developer in the development of all sampling fabric for Pre and show collections across Menswear and Womenswear lines (6 collections). Work in partnership with Designers and Product development team to ensure all information is up to date and deadlines are kept.
- Responsible for updating communication tools on fabrics: maintaining fabric presentation boards and
- Fabric cuttings on rails
- Entering materials into RLM (our product life cycle management database) as well as in Excel.
- Liaising with international fabric mills – ordering fabric bases and assisting in the development of prints and embroideries, whilst maintaining good relationships with suppliers to ensure the smooth running of each collection.
- Liaising with the Production Department, Designers, Merchandising and Atelier
- Attend meetings to take notes and report on deliveries.
- Responsible for labelling and monitoring collection fabrics selection with the Atelier
- Responsible for pricing seasonal fabric collections
- Assist with research on new fabric developments, designs and techniques for sampling fabrics
- Dyeing fabric occasionally.
- Assisting the Print Designer when required, with Photoshop and also screen printing.
We are looking for:
- BA or Masters Level qualification in Fashion or Textiles
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Deep interest and enthusiasm for fabric
- “Hands on” and dedicated attitude
- Willing and eager to learn
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills.
- Careful presentation skills and attention to detail
- Confident in dyeing fabric
- Sound Photoshop skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Team player
- People skills and tact