Graf Lantz, Inc is a multi-brand holdings company that currently owns Graf Lantz, Glob and Feltory. Each brand is focused on sustainably sourced products in the home goods, accessories and apparel space. The Merchandise Planner will join our growing Merchandise Strategy and Sales team, reporting into the VP, and is responsible for collaborating with Finance to guide buys that ensure sales plans are achieved. The ideal candidate will come with some industry knowledge and experience in fashion/home goods buying or planning, with experience in buying for E-Commerce and DTC, and have a keen understanding of numbers to inform critical decision making to achieve financial targets.
- Own forecasting and analysis for core and seasonal buys, inventory management and the OTB for key product categories
- Analyze SKU assortment and sales to make recommendations on in-season business and upcoming seasonal buys to achieve financial goals, perform SKU rationalizations weekly
- Utilize seasonal hindsight analysis to inform the depth of the category product assortment and buy quantity across key channels and brands
- Maintain a rolling 12 month forecast on core and carryover products, communicating inventory needs/adjustments to the Merchandise and Production teams monthly
- Ensure buys are financially tied to the budget for sales, margin, inventory, and receipt plans. Manage and maintain the OTB analyzing sales, margin & inventory. Communicate seasonal buys along with category business decisions to the Ecommerce Team and cross functional business partners.
- Maintain weekly sales product category reports, sharing with cross-functional business partners detailed sales analysis information highlighting new product launches and/or sales promotions.
- Review inventory needs weekly and issue inventory transfers to ensure in stock position for seasonal, carryover and core styles.
- Build stock levels to prepare for promotions and seasonal activity.
- Recommend markdown pricing to drive sell thru for in season and out of season sales and promotions while maintaining margin goals,
- Input buys and manage WIP reporting in ERP system to stay on top of production deliveries and in hand dates.
- 4-7 years experience in Buying /Planning or Merchandising
- Strong proficiency using Excel and pulling data reports to understand the health of the product and categories to make informed recommendations for purchasing, merchandising and marketing.
- Passionate about data-driven decision-making and an ability to present concise and actionable insights
- Proficient understanding of inventory planning and experience using ERP systems
- Experience in Fashion, Home Goods or Accessories and in E-Commerce or DTC a must
- Enjoy working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Team player and self-starter with the drive to help define and grow the role
- Strategic thinker to drive the business forward
- Extremely organized and able to develop and execute reporting processes
- A love of textiles and exciting new materials