Business Development Director
Lyst offers a unique opportunity to work on a premium shopping platform, which is both a trusted partner to the world’s leading fashion brands and a global consumer-facing product. Over 150 million people use the Lyst app and website each year to shop an assortment of 8 million items via a highly personalised experience. Lyst is a scale-up environment, combining an agile mentality with a proven business model and over a decade of experience. This provides a balance between foundations and structure, and autonomy and pace. Our goal is to be the category leading destination which every fashion shopper uses to decide what to buy.
Data and technology sit at the heart of everything we do, and we firmly believe that we can only meet our goals by prioritising our team and culture. We give our people the freedom to drive impact and shape the future of our company, within a diverse, inclusive and high-trust environment. We don’t rely on prescriptive rules, policies and procedures to drive results. We trust the judgement and ownership of our team, and prioritise learning and career development, knowing that our success is only possible thanks to our people. Lyst was founded in London in 2010, and has raised over $160m from leading investors including Accel, Balderton, Draper Esprit, Fidelity International, and LVMH.
Lyst is hiring a Director of Partner Acquisition to lead the Partner Acquisition team, tasked with acquiring and onboarding the world’s leading brands and stores to help fashion shoppers globally find the products they love.
Reporting to the VP Partner Acquisition, and with the support of two direct reports and an overall team size of six, you will be accountable for the success of new partner acquisition across Lyst’s multiple regions and integration types.
Your responsibilities will include defining the acquisition strategy to achieve ambitious targets across each of Lyst’s integration types, and coaching and development of your direct reports, as well as the day-to-day management of the Acquisition team. This is a senior role, and you will also need to collaborate closely with other senior stakeholders across complex cross-functional projects to enable Lyst’s success.
You will need an excellent understanding of the fashion ecommerce landscape, especially in the EU and US, and an awareness of the commercial levers available to drive growth such as shopping ads, as well as knowledge of wider factors that may impact performance, such as user behaviour and seasonality.
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a highly productive and impact-driven team working to deliver growth for Lyst.
- You are delivery-focussed, comfortable setting tough targets for yourself and your team and motivated by trying to reach them.
- You are keen for the challenge of being accountable for the success of partner supply, acting autonomously in making judgements, sometimes without well-defined operating procedures or guidelines.
- You are resilient and able to maintain motivation and performance (and lead others in doing so) during highly dynamic or ambiguous periods.
- You are adaptable and understand we are working towards a collective goal - Lyst is a fast-paced work environment, and the product and tools are likely to evolve all the time.
- You are a master communicator, building strong relationships both externally and internally - you will work with multiple parts of the business and you must be comfortable coordinating complicated projects with other teams.
- You have exceptional written and verbal skills and presentation experience. You will be fostering relationships with our partners so you must be comfortable negotiating with senior level executives.
- You have previously led a team, tailoring your approach to coach, motivate and develop each individual.
- You are extremely analytical and comfortable using multiple sources of data to inform your decisions. You have experience using data tools such as Looker and Excel.
- You have a solid understanding of affiliate marketing, attribution models, and other performance marketing metrics.
- You have a deep knowledge of the fashion landscape, particularly in the US and European markets
- Flexible Working: Our flexible working approach offers a high degree of freedom and autonomy. Individuals are provided with the discretion to work remotely on a regular basis, with an expectation that a reasonable proportion of time is spent in the office to enhance in-person collaboration. If due to unique circumstances this doesn’t quite work, we are open to listening to what will.
- Time Off: In addition to the 8 statutory bank holidays, you will receive 29 holidays per year. Lyst’s holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- Competitive Family Leave Package: This includes Enhanced Family Leave for those eligible, paid Time off for Dependents and Support for Fertility Treatment & Loss.
- Clothing Benefit: We want you to enjoy using the Lyst app and site as much as our customers, so we provide you with a clothing allowance to use on Lyst every year. This starts at £250 when you join and increases up to £1,000 with your length of service.
- Private Healthcare: Our healthcare provider is Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day you start.
- Training Allowance: We’re big on continuous learning and growth, so all employees are currently entitled to an annual training allowance of £1,000. This can be used to attend conferences, industry events, training courses and to purchase resources.
- Pension Scheme: Our pension provider is The People’s Pension. We offer a minimum employee contribution of 5% and 3% employer contribution.
- Eye Tests and Vouchers: Employees can make a saving on their eye test and glasses through our chosen provider. You’ll receive a free eye test every year and a discount towards glasses.
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme: Lyst will purchase a bicycle from your chosen retailer, you will then receive a voucher to pick up your bicycle from them.
- Transport Season Ticket Loan: Employees can apply for an interest free season ticket loan to support your travel to work.
- Social Events: Frequent company wide social events including Christmas & summer parties, sports days, themed drinks, quizzes, cook alongs, as well as smaller team socials. We also have plenty of interest based groups such as football, running club, book club, culinary and more.
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.