Junior Art Director
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a talented Junior Art Director to join the Paul Smith Creative team, based in our London Covent Garden offices.
The successful candidate will work with the Global Head of Creative to promote, protect, and extend the Paul Smith brand, which includes creating a visual identity for all forms of advertising and promotion. This role would suit a candidate with a background in art direction for fashion editorial and /or commercial fashion brands.
• To support the Head of Creative in directing, devising, and executing seasonal campaigns for the different collections and product groups of the Paul Smith business to increase brand perception and reputation.
• To support and collaborate with the Head of Creative to develop a tone of image that can be implemented across all consumer and business touch points.
• Digital first approach to all work, creating and executing campaigns that include moving image and stills that are fit for all digital activations.
• Devise, execute and direct native content creation in social platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Work with the Marketing team on campaign roll out of assets across all touch points, including social, OOH, website, and other promotional platforms.
• Work closely with our Japan partners and Head of Creative to direct, devise, and execute their local seasonal campaigns.
• Work with the in-house photography team to develop an ongoing visual toolkit/guideline for ecommerce model photography and editorial content.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Art or Art & Design based education.
• Knowledge of photography, lighting and image creation, a high proficiency of Capture 1, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• 2-3 years’ experience in art direction in a fashion editorial and commercial fashion brand.
• Experience of working under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• A proven record of delivering projects within budget and on time.
• High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
• You should be highly creative.
• Have the ability to understand creative direction and excel at translating this into desired quality creatives.
• Able to understand the Paul Smith tone of voice and imagery.
• Highly systematic and well organised with the ability to prioritise own workload.
• A team worker who can work on their own initiative and build effective working relationships.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment and to stay calm under pressure.
• Flexible over working hours and able to travel internationally when required.
• A keen interest in culture, fashion, music, literature and the arts.