Vice President Production, Product Development & Garment Technology
At Sweaty Betty, we’re more than just a global activewear and lifestyle brand for women.
We’re also a community that believes fitness is a flip-the-switch trigger for becoming the woman you want. Leggings and sports bras won’t change the world on their own. But with a grab-my-hand, let’s-go-for-it-now spirit, the women who wear them can.
If you want to join us on the next chapter of our adventure, you’re in the right place. This is an exciting opportunity for a VP of Production, Product Development & Garment Tech to join us on our mission to empower women through fitness and beyond by continuing to build our vision and inspire an environment of innovation and operational excellence to deliver great product, fit and quality.
∙ We Really Care ∙ First, Best, Bravest ∙ Our Strength is in Each Other ∙ Stand Up, Speak Up, Shout Out
Your SB Journey:
Forming part of Sweaty Betty’s Product Leadership team, you will have a critical role in the Production Transformation Initiatives. Overseeing Garment Tech, Production and Product Development Teams and through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration with Design, Merchandising, Planning, Raw Materials, Operations and Marketing, you will identify and create opportunities in our operating model as well as in our product creation process and supply chain configuration to deliver seasonal goals and build long range plans.
- Identify and develop diverse, results driven teams, fostering an inclusive, engaging culture of cross-functional collaboration and respect. Champion and build an agile culture with simplicity of process and role clarity to connect and coordinate all parts of the supply chain to support teams that respond quickly, intentionally and efficiently
- Quality control of production and daily communication and follow up on production status with factories
- Overall calendar management, including GTM, replenishment calendar, and chase/cancellation triggers
- Manage seasonal and monthly booking processes, in addition to supporting in season product management
- Oversee the approval process on samples, lab dips, trims, bulk, etc.
- Ensure all sampling, approval, packing, testing and shipping requirements are met
- Address issues related to pricing, production, and quality
- Development and monitoring of departmental key performance indicators
- Sourcing new supply chain resources
- Continuously evaluate new material suppliers and production vendors to ensure that SB always has a diversified, but efficient network of best-in-class vendors in place to support our growth
- Troubleshoot quality and technical issues with factories and technical teams in order to maintain aesthetic
- Development and monitoring of departmental key performance indicators
- Drive overarching global sourcing strategy that includes diversifying to manage risk
- Oversee the onboarding of all production vendors on SB standards and ensure compliance with SB standards on an ongoing basis
- Establish capacity protocols matched to the merchandising and planning strategy and chase programs
- Oversee all production to ensure that goods are delivered on time, on budget, and in line with high quality standards
- Continuously work to reduce lead times and to add flexibility to the company’s inbound supply chain
- Ensure that all aspects of production are conducted in the most responsible and sustainable manner possible
- Develop and manage P&L/ annual budget
- Lead and develop teams
- 10 + years of management experience in apparel production, with experience in athletic / performance-oriented apparel production preferred
- Problem Solver – you can proactively solve problems and effectively manage a variety of challenges
- Global Business Acumen - experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction
- Team Leadership – successfully led large cross-category, cross-functional, global teams (direct and dotted line reporting relationships). Demonstrates experience leading and inspiring teams through operating model transformation
- Collaboration - proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed is crucial
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team
- Change Leadership - experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Talent Builder - proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams. Creates and maintains an inclusive, productive work environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Compelling communicator; excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and is proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel
- PLM & ERP knowledge a plus
- Mandarin a plus
- If based in NYC, quarterly travel to London required
- Experience scaling a geographically diverse vendor base
- Experience implementing sustainable practices throughout an international supply chain
- Current and relevant supply chain network
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven experience defining and executing multi-year strategy plans that advance the product creation engine and overall business performance
- Brings a depth and range of experience in apparel industry, along with understanding the end to end product and supply chain engine, expertise in fit, tech Design and digitization of prototypes, as well as seasoned understanding of suppliers and exposure to mill and factory strategies
- Ability to anticipate and articulate future apparel trends and consequences, responding with competitive and creative business solutions, but establishing a vision for the future that is understood clearly amongst cross functional teams and direct reports
- Skilful negotiator and able to resolve conflict in challenging situations
- Generous clothing allowance
- 50% off all Sweaty Betty merchandise
- 23 days holiday, with buy and sell holiday option
- Sample sales
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly Office Meeting
- Generous Company Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay and Childcare support
- Discounts at the best Studio Classes
- SB Flexible Working: we currently work flexibly between the office and home. Our focus remains keeping everyone safe and we will continue to review this in line with government guidance
Our D&I Commitment
Our mission is to empower all women. This means doing more and working harder to make the long-lasting changes necessary to become an inclusive, diverse and actively anti-racist company. We care about our people, our community, our world. And we want to stand up for what we believe in.
We want to give our people a platform to use their voice. And actively listen and learn from what they have to say. This involves focusing on learning, development and progression across the business. Training our leaders, managers and teams about their rights under our equality, diversity and inclusion policy. And being clear on the responsibilities we hold to each other and our community. It also means being committed to equal employment opportunities. Ensuring we consider ALL applicants for jobs. And work harder to make our job advertising more inclusive.
Ultimately, we’re working to create a culture and team that represents our customers, our community and our mission of empowerment. We want to celebrate our diversity and the power it gives our team and our business.
We know we’re on a journey. And far from perfect. But we want to be a part of the solution to the problem. It might not be comfortable or straightforward. But if we weren’t up for doing the hard work and breaking the mould, we wouldn’t be Sweaty Betty. We are committed to working across our business and with our Internal Diversity & Inclusion Squad to be champions, allies and inclusive, always. Because when we say All, we mean it.