Based in the New York studio, this role will be primarily responsible for the product development of Accessories and RTW.
- Assist with all raw materials sourcing and organization.
- Issue relevant lab dips and purchase orders.
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors across the development of raw materials and hardware.
- Ensure all sampling materials are ordered and delivered on time to NY/SYD studio & offshore factories.
- Gather technical and pricing details for all raw materials in preparation for production
- Prepare Tech Pack and technical sketch for handoff to factory
- Ensure all TP details are accurate and updated including BOM, specs, and sample instructions
- Prepare tech pack and raw materials and send to local and offshore factories.
- Liaise with local and offshore factories across sample development to ensure accurate execution and timely delivery.
- Attend fittings and take fit notes and style changes for each style and communicate to relevant parties.
- Assist in allocating relevant local/offshore factories to each style and/or fabric group for SMS and production as well as sourcing/onboarding new vendors.
- Coordinate and schedule accessories fittings and update the calendar accordingly.
- Assist with managing in-house atelier and sample processing for RTW.
- Assist with any ad hoc tasks related to the development of the sample ranges for sales and press, as well as any custom, celebrity or sponsorship opportunities.
- Update development tracker and design boards to ensure all changes are reflected
- Liaise between the New York and Sydney offices in the management of the sampling process.
- Keep track of accessories development expenses and ensure all invoices are paid on time
- Work with the production team to ensure collection handover is completed in full within the required timeline.
- Prepare necessary tech packs to be sent to offshore suppliers for production.
- Ensure BOMs are accurate and updated for product changes and communicated to the production team.
- Prepare and enter costing chart into the fashion management system, Zedonk for pricing meeting pre-market
- Ensure individual calendar deadlines are met and participate in critical path meetings, as appropriate.
The Ideal candidate
- 1-2 years experience in product development or production across accessories and RTW
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Strong technical design background and understanding
- Experience with working with local and offshore factories
- Proficient in Excel, Illustrator
- Comfortable travelling to and experience with working in NY garment district
- Can work autonomously and multi-task
- Can problem solve and think critically
- Must have a valid visa or work permit for the US
Dion Lee is a designer brand hailing from Sydney, Australia, established in 2009 by its eponymous Creative Director. Renowned for experimental construction combined with traditional tailoring, the brand has pioneered a modern identity for Australian fashion.
The Dion Lee aesthetic is technical with an intelligent sensuality. Each collection marries innovative construction, with a consciousness of the form. Textiles are engineered to form sculptural embellishments. Architectural silhouettes are dissected to enhance movement and the flow of air and light.
After debuting at Australia Fashion Week, Dion Lee presented collections in London before relocating to New York, where the brand has become a permanent fixture on the seasonal schedule.
Dion Lee is sold globally in over 40 of the world’s most exclusive retailers including Net-A-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Selfridges and Lane Crawford.
Australia is home to eight flagship stores, each designed to reflect the constructed nature of the product, in an environment that is both industrial and luxurious.