Assistant Store Manager
- Be aware of monthly and yearly sales forecasts and budgets. This to include expected footfall, conversion, revenue, returns and costs.
- Collaborate with store manager on ideas for marketing activity to maximize footfall and conversion.
- Follow up sold out options with Sales Admin and Merchandising to avoid lost sale and chase up replenishments.
- Support training, managing and developing of the sales team.
- Support management of staff motivation by suggesting creative incentives & follow up.
- Help to build staff rota and ensure floor fully staffed at all times.
- Consistently maintain personal grooming standards and that of the team.
- Ensure all stock is ticketed correctly and conforms to VM standards.
- Help to merchandise the products on the floor to maximise selling opportunity and to reflect the visual aesthetics of the brand.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the EPOS and stock systems.
- Respond effectively to customer questions and resolve issues on the floor.
- Ensure security procedures are followed to prevent stock loss.
- Maintain key information on the Self Portrait consumers, including recent purchases, key dates etc.
- Liaise with Ecommerce Customer Service to ensure CRM data is accurate and complete across ecom and retail.
- Excellent selling skills and styling technique. Able to lead by example and pass these skills on to team through training and on the spot feedback
- Interact with customers and act as role model for extraordinary service.
- Notify Self Portrait’s consumers about new product arrivals that match their preferences.
- Communicate weekly sales results including footfall, conversion, ATV and revenue against forecast.
- Any other duties as directed by Store Manager.
Skills and Experience needed:
- At least one to two years of assistant store management experience in a Retail environment.
- Confident, professional and personable attitude.
- A proven track record in increasing sales in a retail environment with low footfall.
- Understanding of managing budgets, targets and all store operations.
- Previous experience in writing trade reports
- Immaculately presented, eloquent and well-spoken.
- A proven ability to deal with high profile clients and have built long-lasting relationships with consumers.
- Ideally some experience in visual merchandising or display.
- Ideally fluent in a foreign language.