PLM Technical Design Assistant Position
We are looking for a team player to work in a fast-paced environment interested in color, fabric, and construction. Responsibilities include assisting the Technical Design Team with a color review of solid yarn dyes, prints, keeping track of all approvals in our custom PLM system. In addition, follow up with mills/vendors, maintain organized electronic and physical records, assist with the sample yardage orders and tracking.
- Assist design and technical divisions with all sample yardage ordering/tracking, color review/comments of lab dips/strike-offs.
- Assist in communication with all mills and factories throughout the color development, garment sample process, and bulk production.
- Keep detailed records of comments, approvals, and status in PLM.
- Provide daily status updates of sample yardage and lab dip/strike-off during morning WIP meetings with Senior Technical Designer and Design team.
- Maintain fabric standard library.
- General organizational responsibilities include record keeping, filing, and maintenance of storage areas.
- Assist with comments to project vendors as needed.
- Assist with other duties within the technical team as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of product development, color matching, and textiles required.
- Experience with lab dips and sample yardage ordering/tracking is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, product development major preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in the fashion, retail garment industry, including internships.
- Proficient in Illustrator, Excel & Word. PLM is a plus.
- Must pay close attention to detail.
- Must have the capability to perform all duties in the office.
- Must have the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Must have good time management and organizational skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.