Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.JOB PURPOSE
Information Architect provides an information strategy and architecture for the domain(s) which meets business and enterprise needs, and delivers design blueprints/artefacts which enable that architecture to be built and operated. Information Architect supports business innovation by initiating and suggesting data opportunities to the Product Owners / IT Tower Partners / Business Stakeholders, which helps in shaping the roadmap for the domain. They are working closely with the technology architecture to support positive change to empower data solutions. Information Architect operates within Burberry Architecture Community and liaise closely with Delivery Functions across the Enterprise, and playing a key role within BI solutions design. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers blueprints to support solution designs, which in turn can be successfully built and operationalised.
- The principal advisor/partner for the domain technology architecture and strategy, especially within BI & Analytics.
- Presents project designs and architectural roadmaps to the relevant architectural governance committees, to obtain timely approval avoiding delay or project risk.
- Maintains an awareness of external trends for the domain.
- Promotes the value of Data & Information Governance across the organisation.
- Describes the current and shape the future business and information architectures, and identifies gaps between these two to develop strategies for closing these gaps by using architecture methodologies and frameworks.
- Incorporates the security architecture into the business and information architecture.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the business with reference to data and information queries.
- Works with the Architecture Community to ensure that the Information Requirements are considered and factored into the solution process design from the start.
- Creates relevant documentation to satisfy Knowledge Management needs - this includes architectural diagrams and business related context.
- Considers the options for different data sources for constructing the various KPI's / Metrics - can easily operate between logical and physical layers when talking and explaining data/information architecture.
- Supports Product Owners and Data Analysts in translating business requirements to physical solutions on BI side - proposes solution design at logical and physical data level, as applicable, and working with technical teams to agree the best suited solution design in BI space.
- Carries out change impact assessment on existing data/info space and possible impact on information flows enterprise -wise - working closely within the Architecture Community under the lead of Solution Architect.
- Actively participates in forming and delivering Data & Analytics team's services.
- Takes part in the development of reference architectures.
- Understanding of the key data and information needs within the domain, as well as logical and physical architecture of data solutions.
- Ability to maintain a sufficiently deep knowledge of business areas processes, data context and solutions and technology to provide architectural leadership and direction for the domain.
- Ability to win the trust, confidence, and commitment of senior business and IT stakeholders and to lead their thinking.
- Ability to pragmatically balance the demands of delivery projects with the need to maintain the integrity of the target architecture.
- Ability to use considered judgement to make clear decisions in complex situations.
- Ability to delegate delivery responsibilities while retaining oversight and accountability.
- Ability to effectively balance strategy and vision activity with the operational and service demand.
- Ability to carry out core accountabilities with minimal level of supervision for complex tasks and no supervision for more routine matters.
- Deep understanding of the principles and practice of information architecture.
- Deep understanding of the domain and relevant technology and standards.
- Good understanding of the range of disciplines within IT, including project management, application development and project delivery.
- Competitor awareness and innovative capability to drive business improvement based on an understanding of market trends.
- Familiarity with Analytics Lifecycle.
- Ability to translate a bigger picture into detail and to translate technical speech to the business language.
- Ability to move easily between physical, logical and conceptual data layers while designing solutions.
- Able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of One or More of the Following Primary Domains:
- BI, analytics, and reporting.
- Data warehouse, data marts, and ETL.
- Data quality, reference, and metadata.
- Enterprise data models and data/information governance.
- Master data management.
- Content and knowledge management.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || D, I & A || n/a ||