Director, Digital Marketing, Planning & Performance, Kate Spade
- Kate Spade New York
- New York, New York, USA
- Closing date
- 26 Feb 2022
- Director / President / C Suite
We are strengthening our focus on digital and data driven marketing to accelerate brand growth and enhance our customer experience across all touchpoints. To drive our success we are creating a new position to optimize our digital marketing activations working across the Kate Spade marketing team and the newly formed Tapestry Digital Marketing Center of Expertise.
The Director of Digital Marketing Planning & Performance leads the execution and effectiveness of the brand's digital marketing activities with a focus on customer acquisition and retention. They translate brand marketing and communication strategies into discrete digital marketing actions and investments and drives the cross-functional priorities and activities working hand in hand with the Tapestry Digital Marketing Operations & Channel COE team and the company's digital marketing agencies of record. As a leader and facilitator, they will champion cross-functional teamwork and create an inclusive team environment that inspires a diversity of perspectives and bold ideas.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Performance Marketing to...
- Translate kate spade's full funnel media plan to optimize traffic and conversion tactics based on brand, customer, channel, and campaign strategies
- Coordinate efforts of Digital COE channel specialist teams in efforts to optimize efficiency within the context of the full funnel plan, as well as corresponding audience and journey strategies
- Work with e-Commerce and Digital COE teams to optimize landing page experiences and customer journeys to drive improved campaign efficiency
- Contribute to audience strategy development and approaches
- Partner on development of retention journeys and strategies
- Partner with brand on Learning Agenda to develop and execute day-in-day-out test and learn roadmap to continuously improve and optimize media investments
- Lead daily marketing cross functional scrum and related stand-up activity to identify and prioritize learning agenda
- Partner with COE and external agency to measure pilot/test effectiveness, quantify scaled opportunity, and ensure that successful pilots are scaled quickly
- Hindsight performance on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement.
- Accountable for leveraging regular reporting/tools to communicate performance and learnings to Kate Spade and share with peers at the other Tapestry Inc brands.
- Forecasts performance and budget
- Partner with Analytics team and external agency to create channel-level projections
- Communicate forecasts, strategies, and guardrails to ensure that COE and agency partners stay within monetary parameters
- Partner with Finance team to identify when activities are off track; acts to course-correct
- Bring innovative new thinking and ideas to help drive customer engagement and financial performance
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Outcome-driven orientation with P&L ownership mentality - continuously driving for and achieving positive business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate with, consult with and influence all levels of the organization.
- Ability to convey and connect both technical concepts and business context.
- Test and learn approach and mentality
- Partnership-minded with ability to lead through influence versus direct mandate
- Ability to stay current on evolving media trends, technology, and opportunities and works with partners and stakeholders to bring new activities to life
- Holistic perspective to ensure all aspects of the customer journey are optimized
An outstanding professional will have...
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience; with minimum of 4+ years of digital marketing experience
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing tactics and channels
- Deep experience leading and facilitating matrixed teams as direct manager or project manager
- Proven experience managing large scale marketing budgets with effective returns and traffic growth
- Excellent quantitative skills are a must
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JG1 Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .
Known for its crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication, kate spade new york’s exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. From handbags and clothing to decor, our products invite women around the world to live every day to the fullest.
We believe it’s the people we work with who bring our brand to life. Ours is a place that values creativity. Where colored tights and sparkly heels are standard attire. We’re a group of individuals working together as a team. Succeed and there are plenty of people to cheer. We strive to be the best – to do things in a way that’s uniquely our own. Always optimistic, often irreverent and wonderfully original. This is the spirit of our brand.
2 Park Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert