Primary Purpose:As the Design Assistant, you will contribute to the collaborative design process for the Coach (Re)Loved program, partnering closely with the entire team from concept through development.Coach (Re)Loved is our hub of scalable, uniquely Coach programs that keep our products in play-fueled by our Coach community through the Coach (Re)Loved Exchange (customer takeback). Inspired by our motto of "Wear It, Love It, Pass It On," we seek to offer our customers more sustainable choices for their bags at every stage of the life cycle- from first purchase to the TLC they need to keep bags looking great for years, to the option to recycle a bag when it's time to pass it along, to a rich offering of reimagined Coach (Re)Loved bags-better the second time around.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to...
- Partner with Design team to execute monthly circular design concepts.
- Responsible for upholding design integrity throughout the entire development process from concept through engineering and production.
- Participate in research for new design concepts and product ideas.
- Create, maintain, and publish design decks and tools that are shared with our cross-functional partners.
- Create designs and CADs using Adobe Photoshop + Illustrator.
- Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all decks and CADs are completed accurately throughout the process, including all changes then delivered to the workshop in a timely manner.
- Partner with cross-functional partners throughout the product development process. Responsible for gathering leather, hardware, and other materials for designs, and for answering questions/resolving issues during the hand-off and production process.
- Organize and maintain design area as new handbags and materials enter our space.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative.
- Must be an agile, forward thinker with great problem-solving skills.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor's degree in Design or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of fulltime design experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Strong color sense.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.