Fabric Development Manager
Galvan is seeking a Fabric Development Manager to be a part of our Design Team, based in our German Atelier.
You will be responsible for all fabric and trim sourcing / buying ensuring all research meets the requirements of the different departments, while maintaining the brand aesthetics and guidelines.
This is a hands-on role where the ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and be extremely efficient in order to prioritize tasks.
This position must manage seasonally across all lines, fabric design and trim development.
You will be expected to source and supply raw materials according to the Design team’s requests whilst respecting the collection guidelines and budget. You will work in partnership with the Creative Director, Design Manager and Studio Team to deliver the design brief and to develop new textile ideas whilst maintaining and revitalizing existing continuity lines.
Collections to cover;
-Main Collection: 2 Collections p/y
-Escape Collection: 2 seasons p/y
-Bridal: – 2 seasons per year
- Manage all fabric enquiries for both sampling and production
- Manage all fabric orders and raise PO’s for both sampling and production
- Update production software (Zedonk) with all new season orders, technical sheets and info required for production.
- Manage main design board ensuring that all fabric info is accurate and up to date
- Manage information required for fabric board ensuring all info is accurate and up to date
- Manage all lab dips, print and trim development directly with suppliers. Ensuring all costs are monitored. Information and developments should be logged in a clear way for sampling and production.
- Manage all fabric testing and fabric requirements for production
- Manage fabric archive making seasonal suggestions and research when required
- Set up and manage seasonal cloth list
- Set up and maintain sampling fabric inventory
- Create fabric and trim handover for production
- Liaise between production and design for all fabric enquires and issues relating to production
- Manage all raw material invoices and update tracker ensuring spending and costs are visible.
- Create line list for market including images with fabric description, colour options and fabric swatches for sales purposes
- Research new suppliers seasonally in line with the company’s aesthetic and requirements from both a cost and quality perspective
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably with luxury brands
- Background knowledge of sustainable fabrics and trims is a bonus
- Knowledge and practice in Adobe (photoshop & illustrator) and Microsoft suites (Excel & Word)
- Knowledge and practice of Zedonk preferable
- Eye for detail & strong visual understanding of the brand DNA
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet several deadlines at the same time
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrate positive problem-solving skills
- But every bit as important will be the personal qualities you bring to the role: confidence, motivation, credibility, communication and the willingness to bring the very best to the team
- English is the working language of the company