Global Payment Services Manager
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
A successful candidate will have previous experience in an equivalent role within another merchant, or have experience in payment gateway industry, merchant acquiring, and payments technology acquired through roles within banking or technology businesses.
Global Payments Services Manager will report to the Director of Global Payments and will work closely with the finance, digital product and legal operations teams. You will be required to develop a strong understanding of both our retail and digital businesses on a global level.
Global Payments Services Manager will primarily be responsible for multiple acquiring bank relationships including the overall strategic relationship, operational management of the payments function. You will focus on payment queries, SLA's banking and acquiring relationships, team management and reporting.
BUSINESS PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
• Daily management of the payments department, including incoming queries, e.g. acquirer queries (balance transfers and gateway support tickets).
• Leading Burberry's global payment processes - transaction analysis, settlement analysis, reporting and acquirer management.
• Weekly analysis of Burberry's transactions, looking for inconsistencies and resolving queries with the cash office and finance departments.
• Process improvement - ensuring that Burberry payment processes for all brands and countries within the region are clearly defined and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
• Ensuring we have strong reporting capability to support business requirements and performance, e.g. preparing data to monitor payment method performance, including authorisation and conversion rates, across all business channels.
• Responsibility for the testing of payment features and functionalities as well as business development.
• Pro-actively managing all aspects of the payments support for all departments.
• Daily monitoring of internal payments systems and resolving arising issues to minimise business impact.
• Supporting other teams in the integration of new payment solutions, focusing on project management and relationship handling.
• Supporting the Director of Payments with strategy, analytics, reporting, day to day operations and team functions. including, email queries, meetings, reporting and day to day operations and team functions.
• Leading the process of identifying and implementing new payment providers for payments as required. This includes existing and new to markets, including APM's.
• Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders to help resolve issues in a systematic and timely manner.
• Developing relationships with key stakeholders such as Treasury department, Finance, Cash Office, Digital, Retail, I.T and Procurement.
• Maintaining relationships with existing payment and fraud providers as well as seeking new opportunities that may suit the current payment structure (ie researching and contacting new providers, making introductions).
• Support the business when launching new brands, channels and products, advise the retail and digital teams how payments will work with newly launched products.
• Supporting our legal teams in reviewing commercial agreements, credit/debit card scheme rules.
• Experience and understanding of the global payments market, alternative payment offerings.
• Experience and understanding of the payment acquirer landscape
• Robust knowledge of fraud, financial crime and regulatory changes across payments and e-commerce
• Experience in leading a small to medium size team with strong focus on development and engagement
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Strong time management - Ability to prioritise and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and vendors
• Excellent communication skills, providing transparency, clarity and bringing simplicity to complex issues
• Good organisational skills
• Problem solving skills
• Analytical Skills
• Team Player / Ability to work effectively
• Comfortable in a fast-changing environment
• Good interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent communication skills with strong relationship building
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9024 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert