- Atlanta, Georgia
- Closing date
- 2 Dec 2021
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
What You’ll Do
Our Watchmaker is responsible for authenticating and fully overhauling watches, with a specialization in high complications and high production. HODINKEE is currently a partner to (5) luxury watch brands. At HODINKEE we work on multiple luxury watch brands on a daily basis.
In this role you will...
- Experienced working with multiple brands of watches
- Complete watch overhauls timely
- Authenticating potential C&C watches
- Preparing watches for sale, performing work ranging from basic regulation to complete service.
- Complete repairs on time and according to Crown & Caliber standards
- Maintaining a clean workshop
- Meeting assigned daily deadlines
- Prepare polished cases for own work
Who You Are
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Friendly, trustworthy, and reliable
- Highly organized
- Comfortable working alone as well as on a team
- Ability to communicate complex theory and issues to a broad audience
- Honest and trustworthy
- Brand certification from major watch brand a plus
- Ability to work independently
- 3-5 years of watch servicing
- High School Degree or equivalent, required
- Industry recognized certification in watchmaking preferred
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
Relocation reimbursement is available for this position.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Founded in 2008 by Benjamin Clymer as a way to talk about his passion for watches, HODINKEE is now established as the foremost destination for covering the world of horology. Through in-depth reviews of luxury watches, historical background of vintage items, up-to-the-minute news coverage, and original photography and video, HODINKEE is able to connect watches to culture and commerce more broadly. Through its outstanding editorial content, HODINKEE is creating a community of global watch enthusiasts.
In 2012, HODINKEE launched its e-commerce platform HODINKEE Shop, and now is an authorized retailer for more than 10 of the most important watch manufacturers in the world. In 2017, HODINKEE launched its namesake magazine. Now on its fourth issue, HODINKEE Magazine provides a tactile expression of its online experience through its high-quality production and storytelling. HODINKEE has been honored across the media landscape, being named as one of Time’s 50 Best Websites, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies Of The Year, and a 2019 Webby Award recipient.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert