Junior Omni-Channel Buyer & Merchandiser, EUME
- Tory Burch
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 Feb 2022
- Entry Level / Assistant
An opportunity to join a rapidly expanding fashion and lifestyle brand as a Junior Buyer & Merchandiser on all product categories. We are looking for a candidate who can multi-task with strong analytical skills and flexible. Your main role will be to contribute to the increased sales and profitability of the department, by supporting the business through the provision of accurate and commercially aware retail/ecommerce analysis and information and be responsible of key peripheral activities. Moreover, you will be a key contributor alongside the rest of the buying & merchandising team to deliver a balanced and cohesive range into stores and on site which reflects the Brand vision, emerging trends and market needs.
- Seeks and understands the brand; its values and vision. Is also aware of strategies for the department/brand and ensures these are continually delivered;
- Work with the Buyer and Merchandisers to organize replenishment and make stock consolidations on a weekly basis across the European business across retail stores and online;
- Liaises with planning to monitor the delivery process, highlighting delivery issues to the Buyer and Merchandisers in order to take action to resolve issues;
- Support and assist on markdown planning: liaising with Corporate office in NY and Wholesale to ensure alignment, help to review the sale stock analysis, help to provide sale results reporting;
- Support the team in the lead up to the buys: provide seasonal analysis, compile all store feedback, provide competitor shop reports, pull together lessons learnt and identify key drivers and worst performers for the season;
- Contribute to the store/ecom buys, using information gained from the analysis and using commercial awareness;
- Help to input all buys onto the systems; including sizing when needed. Provide final check reports once completed for sign off;
- Will become a key asset to support buying team in projects involving other functions such as planning/customer service/marketing/visual merchandising/sales;
- Assist the Buyer and Merchandisers in product training sessions to stores and other cross functional areas;
- Provide ad hoc in season support with trade and product reports on a weekly basis, planning for store openings and events etc;
- Works with the team to ensure all department deadlines are being met;
- Constantly reviews the market and external competitors, through regular comp shops, store visits and research, in order to feed information to the team to ensure the collection that is delivered to market is appropriate - reacting where necessary;
- Providing sophisticated analysis and reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis on sales and stock position for the Business. Be commercially astute and proactive, evaluating the business trends, risks and opportunities, putting forward action plans to successfully drive the business forward;
- Provide support and assist in planning for the retail calendar including store openings / events / sales periods;
- Proactively provides support to the Buyer and Merchandising function across any required task;
- Acts as a team ambassador during any internal or external meetings;
- Ensure all Company policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Ability to travel globally for store and market visits.
EDUCATION & PRIOR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a high end corporate fashion retail in buying / merchandising roles;
- Degree educated (or equivalent);
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communicator & team player;
- Able to use initiative with a hands-on approach and the ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work in fast paced environment;
- A balance of creativity and commercial acumen;
- Has a strong fashion eye and passion for product;
- Shows continual awareness of the Regional customer profile and reflects this in all activities and decisions;
- Strong IT and Analytical skills; Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel skills required, must be comfortable handling and manipulating large data sets;
- Advance skilled in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint. Able to quickly learn other Company's tools.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and ownership. Consistently showing a reliable, mature and confident attitude;
- A team player who is focused on delivering results.
How will success be measured?
- Performance will be measured on the productivity of the team, ST results and how you adapt and live by our Company values.
- Bi Annual Performance Reviews.
- Ability to build solid relationships within the Company.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert