About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms-is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About the Role
We're looking for a Product Safety Manager responsible for managing Gap Inc.'s beauty and personal care safety, regulatory compliance, and quality program. In this role, you'll be responsible for reviewing safety and claims of new product developments and communicating compliance requirements to internal business partners and vendors. You'll track key regulations and implement policies to ensure that Gap Inc. is compliant with applicable federal, state, and international regulations. You'll engage and establish partnerships across the Brands (Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta) to communicate, collaborate, influence, and implement safety and regulatory strategies that positively impact our business worldwide. This role is critical to the success of our private label and 3rd party personal care business so we're looking for a highly-motivated individual who is flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Oversee the personal care testing program, ensuring products meet company safety and quality standards. Testing includes microbiological, clinical trials, claim substantiation, stability, production, out-of-specification investigations, etc. The Product Safety Manager effectively communicates safety failures across the supply chain and may also provide risk assessments for quality issues during testing. Monitor vendors to ensure that required compliance documentation is received.
- Perform safety and labeling claim reviews on new product developments, thereby supporting business growth in existing and new global markets. Perform market research and industry benchmarking to support new developments (competitor shopping, testing samples, etc.).
- Attend or lead cross-functional status meetings with business partners and vendors to stay current with new global developments. Provide training to vendors and business partners on the testing program and protocols.
- Research and track federal, state, and international regulations impacting personal care products and implement strategies to ensure products comply with the most current domestic and international cosmetic regulations (FDA, Health Canada, etc.). Manage regulatory reporting program to ensure that products are properly notified to regulators in California and Canada.
- Update and maintain Personal Care compliance manual, protocols, standard operating procedures, and other directives as needed.
- Perform related duties as required by management which may include special projects or organizational initiatives. There is an opportunity for career growth by participating in special projects involving other product categories supported by the Safety & Regulatory team (i.e. apparel, accessories, hardlines, etc).
- Track customer personal care safety complaints and appropriately escalate to Senior Management, Legal, and Brands as needed.
- Represent Gap Inc. at industry conferences and committee meetings and provide regular updates to business partners.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a personal care, cosmetics, candles, or over-the-counter drug (OTC) company with knowledge of FDA regulations. Knowledge of global regulations, ingredients, clinical testing, and claim substantiation methodology is beneficial. Working knowledge of apparel, accessories, and hardlines safety and regulatory standards is a also beneficial but not required.
- BS / BA degree preferred.
- Proven ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically. Ability to work with both qualitative and quantitative information.
- Ability to effectively partner and motivate across functions and with outside vendors. Solid organizational skills and ability to influence and resolve differing viewpoints.
- Demonstrates research, technical writing, and communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.