Who we are
Coperni is a Parisian ready to wear & accessories brand designed by Arnaud Vaillant and Sébastien Meyer, established in 2013.
The brand infuses a thorough knowledge of embroidery techniques, streamlined with a linear sensibility that marries origami-like technique with a neat, ‘sportif’ silhouette.
The brand name Coperni was inspired by the works of the mathematician Nicolas Copernicus, who’s research on Heliocentrism inspired the designer’s visual world.
The whole model of the movement of the solar system around the sun is what inspired the designers to produce movement and architectural structures into their designs.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated Junior Designer to join our Design team. You will be working closely with the Head of Design and Creative Director across all stages of the design process, developing collections from concept/research to final development of samples and ultimately be an idea generator that will drive the brand forward.
What your day to day will look like
- Researching and sketching new designs across all RTW styles
- Assisting team in all aspects of design studio tasks, from concept building to sample development
- Developing swatches, maquettes, fabric treatments, and mock-ups
- Assisting the patternmakers and factories in developing finishing’s, protos, seam trials, etc
- Assisting with garment construction
- Light hand and machine sewing, patternmaking, draping and womenswear tailoring
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of Junior Designer/Design Assistant experience or similar
- Strong understanding of garment construction, machine and hand sewing, embroidery, patternmaking, draping and womenswear tailoring
- An eye for aesthetics that match Coperni’s asymmetrical artisanal style with Parisian flair
- Background in knitwear desirable
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator
- You are highly motivated and proactive and you can work independently in a fast-paced, creative environment
- You love to be organized and have strong time-management skills
- You love design and you’re keen to bring new ideas and concepts into our creative team