Senior Buyer Men's and Women's apparel and accessories (shoes/bags)
As one of the world's top 100 licensors, The Smiley Company works with over 400 licensees and best-of-class retailer partners globally, to bring the iconic Smiley and Newmoji Brands to life across the fashion, home, beauty, toy and entertainment sectors. We are a collective of fun-loving people with a passion for creating and storytelling. As part of our commitment to diversity, we cultivate a workplace of learning and inclusiveness. For nearly 50 years the award-winning Smiley brand has shaped the way we share happiness and express ourselves through iconic and creative products. Today, Smiley has become more than just an icon, it is a brand and a lifestyle, reminding people just how powerful a smile can be.
Smiley is setting up a network of pop up shops and permanent corners in the world's leading department stores, the products are developed in collaboration with the world's most iconic brands and the most creative designers and are aligned with the sustainable agenda we have been promoting with our non profit the Smiley movement. We are hiring a team to grow this new operation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior buyer to join our business team in the London Office. We are looking for a confident and assertive individual, with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills as the Buyer will be responsible for building strong relationships with both external suppliers and internal customers. You should be a proactive, professional and self-motivated individual and have a proven track record in supplier management as your role is to negotiate with brands to provide best value for money services for the group. The Buyer will additionally actively seek out new brands in line with the Smiley sustainability ethos.
- Previous purchasing experience with a proven track record in supplier management and delivering cost/efficiency savings.
- Expertise in the European Fashion sector, a passion for brands and products (Luxury, contemporary fashion, Sport and street) are a must.
- You must have previously visited key industry trade shows (Pitti, White, Bread and Butter, CPH...), fashion week showrooms and have established a real network with the brands
- Experience with Trade marketing negotiations with a major department store is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, ideally with salesforce.
- Commercial awareness and excellent organisational skills
Fluency in Latin languages