Publicist (Account Manager)
- Derris U.K.
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 3 Dec 2021
- PR & Communications
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Derris is a brand consultancy headquartered in London and New York City and is well known for helping launch brands such as Everlane, Harry's and Warby Parker and scaling them for the global market.
We approach our work methodically, telling stories with universal impact through strategy, positioning, content and communications. We think before we act and believe that a brand’s story is just as important as tactics and execution. We are defined by our dual-pronged approach: first, we help clients shape their message, and then we help them communicate that story through earned media. We are industry and stage agnostic, and only work with people, companies and causes we believe in.
Derris U.K. is seeking a passionate self-starter to join the company as a Publicist. The Publicist is responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical execution on a variety of fashion, beauty and lifestyle accounts while also learning strategic planning across a variety of clients. The ideal candidate will have experience working across industries and be comfortable working with account teams with several team members. Further, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to company culture.
Derris U.K. is here to help build great brands. From lifestyle and fashion, beauty & wellness, technology and more -- we work with both new and established companies to develop narratives that stand out in cluttered industries. We create unique messaging and execute strategic media relations programs that blend traditionally separate practice areas to offer clients a holistic approach to both consumer and business storytelling.
- Serve as day-to-day tactical lead for clients, including both internal and external client calls and meetings
- Possess a strong sense of tactical execution, while learning strategic planning
- Lead pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Cultivates and maintains strong media relationships
- Skilled at drafting media and client-facing materials, including pitches, talking points, prep docs and press releases
- Adhere to deadlines and deliver work on time
- Learn management skills through oversight of junior members of the team
- Communicate effectively, both internally and externally, across accounts
- Manage time well and proactively, initiate ownership of projects
- 2-4 years Public Relations experience, agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of media relations experience
- Experience within developing client relationships
- Ability to think through communication strategies and deliver tangible results
- Ability to write stylistically and shift writing styles based on client deliverables & internal meetings
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
- Must exhibit professionalism with clients and internal staff at all times
- Comfortable working across industries
Working for Derris
The cornerstone of our company is our culture and we have a 'team first' approach — where we place a large amount of emphasis on growth, collaboration and professional development. We value and facilitate a fully inclusive and holistic employment experience tailored to the individual.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert