eCommerce Photo Studio Manager
This role is pivotal in handling both the creative and administrative aspects of shoot production, team resourcing, budgets, as well as guiding and evolving the way we work as a team. The Photo Studio Manager is also responsible for studio upkeep, maintaining a clean and organized studio environment, time management and delegation to meet all deadlines. Department needs will call for occasional evenings and weekends, depending on filming/production needs.
- Oversee, produce, and execute eCommerce and editorial shoots
- Execute model and crew castings, negotiations, bookings and call sheets
- Source photoshoot props for editorial photoshoots
- Liaise with photo department, scheduling weekly meetings, and reviews and escalating potential areas to troubleshoot
- Manage photoshoot schedule and calendar, communicating all requirements, deliverables, and needs to stakeholders
- Handle model and crew castings, negotiations, bookings and call sheets
- Scout and book photoshoot locations, and source photoshoot props for editorial photoshoots
- Liaise with outside vendors and freelancers, ability to maintain high level of organization with shifting priorities
- Creating/managing photo budget. Responsible for invoices, reimbursements etc. Negotiating with agents, models, MUAs and other outside vendors
- Ensure timeline is aligned with eCommerce Content Ops schedule.
- Meet deadlines and delegate workload to team to make sure team meets launch and pass off dates for product to hit live on eCommerce.
- Sample closet organization + system management. Warehouse photo storage organization and system management includes but not limited to samples, props, accessories etc.
- Partner with team for sample/product hand-offs
- Ensure all samples and products are labeled and shot and passed to postproduction on time
- Lead individual and team feedback (image reviews, shoot debriefs)
- Conduct consistent individual touch bases with direct reports and provide individualized feedback
- Cross Functional communication and collaboration to implement and execute content strategy
- Oversee the process and workflow from creative brief submission to delivery of image assets
- Work with photographers, stylists, retouchers
- Responsible for Shot lists (oversee audit process)
- Final approval/review of images before they go to post
- Ensure consistent production process
- Minimum 2 years managing/leading team of creatives
- Minimum 4 years of photo & video production in a fashion/eCommerce/creative studio
- Must have knowledge / understanding of the fashion industry / eCommerce
- Proven track-record of building and maintaining strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment, flexible in changing direction as needed
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize with a sense of urgency
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BFA, BA or other design-related degree desired.
- Extremely proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Professional background in a variety of creative and operational areas (shoot production, project management, studio operations).
- Highly proficient in Google Suite, Adobe, Shopify experience preferred