China Marketing Assistant
DeMellier - China Marketing Assistant
DeMellier is a fast-growing award-winning designer handbag brand based in London. In 2018 it was awarded the Emerging Talent Award Brand by British Luxury Association WALPOLE, recognising its commitment to innovation, craftsmanship and the highest standards of quality. DeMellier handbags have become a favourite among strong women all over the world, including celebrities such as Beyonce, Emily Blunt, Meghan Markle Duchess of Sussex, January Jones, Kristen Bell and Lily Collins among others.
In addition to its direct-to-consumer business, DeMellier is stocked in leading department stores such as Le Bon Marche, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, David Jones and Lane Crawford among others.
A key member of the team that will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to have a direct involvement and impact in the growth and development of DeMellier in Greater China Region — the China Marketing Assistant will be managing day-to-day operations and social media platforms in China alongside our marketing agencies.
* Liaise with our 3rd-party marketing agencies in China with day-to-day operations such as exporting orders, stock level updating, dispatching orders, and updating tracking information on our WeChat Mini Program.
* Assist in the launch of TMall Global and day-to-day operations with TMall partners and marketing agencies.
Social Media & Influencers
* Plan and manage Chinese social media platforms such as Little Red Book, Weibo, WeChat, and others with the help of marketing agencies.
* Write creative copy and organize assets to generate social posts, articles and commercial activities.
* Work with marketing agencies and approve final artworks and copy for all content released in China.
* Liaise with our agencies to manage monthly KOL seeding activity and exploring new KOLs for direct gifting, as well as maintaining a good relationship with all KOLs via Red Little Book and WeChat.
Marketing and Communications
* Analyze and generate weekly reports on all sales and KOL activities.
* Create and maintain a marketing calendar for China, as well as strategize and execute events, promotions, and campaigns with agencies to maximize sales.
* Organize and keep track of samples needed for various campaigns.
* Identify KOLs that are on brand with DeMellier to organize events and campaigns.
* Translation of key press releases for agencies to release to local editors and media outlets.
* Other ad hoc tasks required by line manager and founder.
The ideal candidate:
* Must be fluent in both Mandarin and English
* Must have a good understanding of the local consumer behavior and culture.
* Must be proficient in Google suite and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
* Knowledge in the major Chinese social media platforms such as Red Little Book, Weibo, WeChat, and Douyin.
* An analytical mind with a creative flair that could translate marketing strategy and material for the Chinese market.
* Some PR or Marketing experience, ideally for a Fashion / Accessories / Luxury brand
* A working knowledge with Adobe Photoshop, and knowledge of other apps in the Adobe Suite is a plus.
* A good understanding of China’s KOLs and Micro-influencers is a plus
* Previous experience in luxury fashion is a plus
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com