Director Commercial Excellence
This is a unique opportunity to be a member of the Otrium Partnerships Leadership team as the Director Commercial Excellence (DCE). The DCE is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the Vice President Sales, the DCE also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported.
We believe that all clothing produced should be worn. Today, fashion is trapped in a broken cycle. Trends come and go at breakneck speed, creating stress and waste for brands, people, and the planet. Otrium is relieving the pressure of fashion by giving both brands and people their Own Outlet – one where brands can control how they show up and people have the freedom to express themselves.
Through a technology-led approach– where, for the first time, people and the industry trend together – Otrium is giving brands a lasting presence, people a lasting style, and the industry better options.
Founded in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business. Our technology gives brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. We give brands the data they need to reproduce in-demand items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a second chance, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
Role mission statement
The Director Commercial Excellence manages the sales support functions essential to sales productivity. These include lead management and inventory; sales process, tools and systems; sales strategy & planning; sales compensation; sales analytics & data insights; sales enablement & communication; brand performance; and recruiting and selection of sales ops talent.
The Director Commercial Excellence is responsible for the following:
- Coordination of sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within Otrium.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Build the Sales Enablement function in the organisation, tasked to onboarding and delivering training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with the Accounting, Finance, and People team, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives. · Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- Proven experience in B2B Sales experience in fashion, tech or the internet industry
- Degree from an accredited institution. ·
- People management experience: Proven track record of driving a sales efficiency both local and remote in an international environment
- Previous experience with Salesforce/Pipedrive or other CRM/Sales tools suggested
- You worked in fast-growing company before, start-up and/or scale-up
- Fluent in English
Your leadership style
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying customer needs
- Ability to problem-solve, adapt, and prioritize aggressive deadlines, as a team leader and as an individual contributor
- Strong use of insights and quantitative decision making to inform the sales process
- Extremely proactive and upbeat with strong organizational skills
- Have a competitive edge and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- You have an affinity for the intersection of fashion and/or other creative industries and tech.
- You are fun, energetic and a cultural fit for Otrium.
Our values: #WEARIT
Our values are intrinsically linked to our purpose meaning that everything that we stand for and all our behaviours ladder up to that higher purpose. Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives; they act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we operate while working at Otrium.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together;
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers;
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry;
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
We look forward to hearing from you!