Junior Development Assistant
A studio-based role, supporting the development team function with regards to collection developments in both RTW and Fabrics. This role reports into the Product Development Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with logistics and shipments for the product development team to ensure timely arrival of raw materials and goods.
- Seasonal stock checking of continuous raw materials and daily logging of seasonal raw materials.
- Maintaining the archives for trims, knitwear, denim, linings, and components organised.
- Responsible for keeping track of lining and trim colour cards. Ordering new ones should they be required.
- Creating sampling send out packs to manufacturers. Coordinating the process to independently gather all materials, toiles, and patterns for the send out packs. Keeping send out area organised and tidy.
- Creating pre-production sample send out packs.
- General upkeep of the Product Development area, including end of season tidying.
- Helping PD’s create and dismantle development boards, keeping boards organised and prepared in a suitable manner for meetings.
- General errands. Sourcing zips, trims and threads. Dropping off packs to factories, collecting samples from local factories.
- Creating directional diagrams for all fabrics, creating tile backgrounds for lay plan costings.
- Creating the hand over books and sales books at end of season.
- Data input with regards to product and materials through Zedonk software system
- Participation in pre-show activities
- Organisation and upkeep of raw material archives
- Degree level or similar
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern cutting and textile is helpful
- Zedonk / PLM / PDM experience would be an advantage + MS office skills
- Initiative and drive
- Organised and efficient and critical path focused
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving