Senior Technologist - Fabric
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2022
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to be a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
- Supplier/industry facing.
- Manage raw materials from development to industrialisation (bulk).
- Reduces issues at bulk.
- Support headquarter teams if any action/fix needs to be done in region.
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with suppliers, to stay current and accomplish material development objectives.
- Build relationship with experts in industry, academia, and trade associations to keep up to date on Technology and Product advances.
- Gains in-depth knowledge of latest government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards for Raw Materials & Finished goods.
- Expert knowledge on Strategic Technical development of Raw Materials, through value engineering and enhanced technology.
- Expert Knowledge on Material construction analysis and interpretation; Own a material subtype / Category.
- Assesses benchmark and directs deep dive analysis of Raw Material components and identifies growth opportunities.
- Provide detailed directions to suppliers for Raw Material technical development.
- Hold Suppliers accountable to Raw Materials. performance standards, processes and expectations;
- Identify opportunities for on boarding, training and elevation of Suppliers.
- Lead Special projects and provide training and guidance to peers and partners.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years' experience in Materials development
- Experience in manufacturing within MNC is preferred
- Degree in Textile / Leather / Materials Technology /Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge on Strategic Technical development of Raw Materials, through value engineering and enhanced technology
- Knowledge on Material construction analysis and interpretation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional follow-through and team player
- Good communication skills
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert