Merchandise Planner (Multiple Openings - White House Black Market & Soma) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 22 Dec 2021
- Merchandising & Planning
This position is responsible for the development of annual, seasonal, monthly, and weekly plans utilizing current sales and trend information.This position is primarily responsible for translating the Merchant's vision into viable plans and profitable results across Omni channels.
- Partners with the Merchants on the development of pre-season sales, markdown, margin, receipt and inventory.
- Develops projections and inventory flow for key items/collections.
- Provides other analysis related to driving business goals (e.g. hindsight's, color-selling, etc.).
- Forecasts monthly and seasonal plans, to ensure all orders fall within approved financial targets.
- Analyzes and reacts to performance of strategy based on actual sales and current trend performance.
- Prepares and participates in Merchandise Review meetings (MBR, seasonal hindsight).
- Partners with Merchant to develop and propose tactics in response to current business trends, such as:
- Makes recommendations for key financial meetings/decisions in order to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity Monthly plan review process: develops sales, markdown, receipt and inventory re-forecasts
- Manages and executes promotional and liquidation strategy
- Communicates revisions within the team and cross functionally
- Partners with cross functional teams to utilize seasonal selling curves by region, climate, and store attributes.
- Exhibits initiative to look beyond the everyday business to look for opportunities to maximize sales potentials.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, operations, or business preferred
- 4+ years of experience in: retail merchandise planning, demand forecasting; inventory management, allocation or replenishment; financial planning or financial analysis experience
- 3 years of retail experience in merchandising/buying or allocation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers; retail math skills, understanding of forecasting methodology
- Makes decisions with limited information but also able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills:concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- System proficiency with strong emphasis on Excel
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally; identifies/influences critical stakeholders
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert