Senior CRM Data Manager
Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of over 250 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
About the candidate
We’re looking for a Senior CRM Data Manager (reporting to the Global Head of CRM) to accelerate the way we collect, record and consume data accelerating our goals of becoming a data-driven organisation. This person will have a strong data background, with the ability to have technical discussions across all levels of the organisation. This person will lead the data pillar across the CRM Team (Buyers & Sellers), evolving our controls and workflows in Braze/Looker consistently improving processes and monitoring the quality of our data. This person will work closely with the wider CRM Team and other key senior stakeholders to ensure all data and reporting needs are met.
- Ensure trust in the CRM Data Pillar through thorough and clear definitions, design and clear communication
- Raise the bar for the CRM data pillar through best practice, automation and tooling
- Lead and support the changes in our data pipeline and self-serve tools.
- Management and ownership of our CRM Marketing Automation tool Braze working closely with the CRM Team, MarTech, Insights, Data and Engineer to lead in resolving any data issues that may arise
- Work closely with the CRM Team and wider senior stakeholders to ensure all data and reporting needs are met.
- Design Bespoke Looker Dashboards for the CRM Team and wider teams to self serve, be the Looker expert in the CRM Team
- Design rapid segmentation experiments working closely with Senior CRM Managers to ensure measures are in place to understand incremental campaign impact
- Develop root cause analysis on why specific experiments didn’t work.
- Develop a dynamic campaign forecasting model to identify gaps in sales and recommend the best experiments to close those gaps
- Develop an optimal customer frequency model to determine what’s the sweet spot for BAU campaigns and when’s the best time to trigger an offer
- Mine our customer data to get a better understand of who we should be targeting and when, identify any trends or anomalies that could impact/inform campaign design and performance
- Partner with the CRM Analyst to: Lead the implementation of segmentation models to enable more personalized communications and to develop robust customer models (pre-churners, look alike models to power CRM and Digital campaigns)
- Be the subject matter expert for Braze leveraging the tool to simplify and automate business processes
Skills & Experience
- A proven data lead in a similar role (up to 6 years experience)
- Very strong experience working with multiple email service providers, customer data platforms and visualization tools (Braze + Looker will be preferable)
- Very strong data background with the ability to have technical discussions at all levels of the organization
- Experience of managing data integration, data matching and alignment, API’s
- Very analytical and data driven mentality
- You will have very strong communication skills and thrive working cross-functionally
- Hands-on, organised, and detail-oriented while not losing sight of the big picture
- Comfortable with ambiguity, change and working in a fast pace environment
- Previous experience in fashion and marketplaces is a strong plus
- Affinity for Depop and the streetwear/vintage/clothing world
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees' wellbeing. We offer healthcare, an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), a cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga sessions, a discounted gym membership and eye-care vouchers.
- Mental Health: Our employees' mental health is a top priority. We offer Headspace access and subsidised coaching and counselling appointments. We also have trained mental health first aiders available.
- Work/Life Balance: We offer a hybrid working model to provide a healthy work/life balance for our employees. We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family Life: We offer flexible working, generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies, which include adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. We also offer life insurance, a pension scheme and parent and carer support.
- Office Life: We provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee in our offices. All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials, such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.