Data Product Manager - Retail
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 6 Jun 2022
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
As a Data Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements. This includes defining the product vision, managing the product backlog working closely with all IT & Business units to ensure the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals such as revenue and customer growth targets.
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally (IT Community) and with key external partners (Business Stakeholders) often in partnership with tower product managers.
- Creating, clearly communicating and managing the Product Backlog, assuring transparency.
- Gaining a deep understanding of underlying data elements and related business processes, as well as usage of the final product (this could include data model, report or a dashboard).
- Translating product change requests into detailed requirements and prototypes for delivery by the development teams.
- Working closely with engineering/development teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Driving and support product change management and go-live milestones - inclusive of communication.
- Advisory services utilising the product or underlying data model.
- Liaising with Burberry Architecture Community on best practices and design on product delivery
- Assuring that relevant documentation is created and actively maintained for the Product.
- Acting as a single point of contact for escalation of any live issues / challenges which may translate into immediate action from Support Teams or new requests in the Backlog.
- Proven work experience in product management.
- Demonstrated successful collaboration with the IT partners and Business stakeholders, and with the delivery teams.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Hands-on experience in product development working with engineering teams.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organisation.
- Ability to manage internal and external teams and influence relevant team members and stakeholders.
- Experience in creating documentation.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || D, I & A || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert